Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-08-2011, 02:45 PM

2 posts, read 4,726 times

Advertisements

Iam looking for a mothers day out program or a part time nanny for my 6 week old daughter. I live off 1604 and oconnor and work off 281 and bitters. Any kind of advice would help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2011, 04:48 PM

11,495 posts, read 26,868,439 times
She's too young for most mother's day out programs that I know of. When she's a little older, there's Coker United Methodist near 281 and Bitters Coker Early Learning Center which I've heard really good things about. There are other churches with mother's day out programs, have you looked into what your own church offers?

There are also the regular daycares, some of them offer part-time care or several days a week if you don't need the full week.

Lots of home daycares and nannies advertise on Craigslist in the childcare section. I've never tried any of them, but if it's a good home daycare it should be licensed or at least listed with the state, the teacher should be cpr and first aid certified, the teacher should have someone she can call to work for her if she gets sick, and she should be able to provide references...all things you need to ask.

Old 11-08-2011, 05:06 PM

2 posts, read 4,726 times
Thanks for the advice! Yes, she is a bit young for most programs! I HATE having to put her in something at such a young age but I really need the time to get things done at work! I bring her to work with me 9 - 1 three days a week and it's getting too hard to balance both her needs and my work!

I wish the church we go to offered Mothers Day out for her age! But (Northern Hills United Methodist) they only takes 1+ year olds. I tried shereal hills and parkhills baptist but same thing there! I will look into coker!

I guess the next place I will look is daycares! I dont know why Im more hesitant to try a daycare rather then MDO at a church( besides the lack of a christian enviornment!)

Do you know what the difference is btw a licensed and registered in home day care??

thanks for your advice!

Old 11-08-2011, 05:22 PM

11,495 posts, read 26,868,439 times
Here's info about the different kinds of home daycares: DFPS - Guide to Child Care in Texas

Oh, and I hope you didn't think I was being critical of you for looking for child care when she's so young, it's just that I've never seen a mothers day out that takes them when they're under a year old.

Old 11-08-2011, 05:28 PM

6,848 posts, read 11,800,808 times
This sittercity website is the most recommended on the Dallas forum from those that have used it. Looks like they have plenty of people in SA on this site looking for sitter/nanny positions and the site lists a number of licensed daycares as well. The second site recommended is care.

Hope this helps - congratulations and best wishes to you and the little one!

Old 11-08-2011, 06:33 PM

1,361 posts, read 2,272,434 times
I know it's a bit past your job but Churchill Baptist over on Blanco (just before the high school) has a program for babies. I'm not sure what age but I know it's pretty young. They aren't fancy but both my boys went to MDO there and I really like the ladies that teach there. The director is really nice as well. I'm blanking on her last name but her first name is Stephanie. You can get info from their website. They are also really inexpensive compared to the other MDO's so I expect it would be the same for babies.

Old 11-08-2011, 07:10 PM

210 posts, read 502,505 times
I second the sittercity.com suggestion. I recently found a fantastic babysitter on there and have seen loads of people on there who offer nanny services too.

Old 11-09-2011, 06:55 AM

1,803 posts, read 2,623,479 times
unless they have some sort of certification or insurance (does that exist for nannies?), avoid craigslist. pet/baby sitters are mad abundant there, but YMMV as to what you actually get!

Old 11-09-2011, 02:16 PM

30 posts, read 80,170 times
I'm not 100% sure but Rainbow Station on Sonterra offers infant care.. but I'm not sure about the starting age.. My kiddo goes there.. preschool program.. and every now and then, they'll bring the infants to the preschool gym... sooooo cute!

centraltexasmommies.com may be able to help.. maybe a stay-at-home mommy in need of extra cash..
My mom (who lives with me.. Moderator cut: see comment) babysits.. and she has experience.. but... she's working full time for the Holidays. =(

Good luck!.

Last edited by BstYet2Be; 11-09-2011 at 04:44 PM.. Reason: Never post personal info (phone #'s/address/email addresses) on public forums - not safe!

Old 11-09-2011, 07:01 PM

271 posts, read 988,068 times
Check out North Central Church (on Evans in Stone Oak by Bush middle school)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio