Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2012, 08:59 AM

330 posts, read 587,431 times

Advertisements

I've finally got one to share! I blurred out the name on the front of the building.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2012, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by txmusicgal View Post
I don't really have any other good photos because most of them are known locations. I'll post this see and if y'all can guess what area.
Is that 281 by Alamo Stadium?

Old 04-16-2012, 10:18 AM

114,838 posts, read 65,798,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spoiler View Post
That is the art installation across Ashley road from mission San Juan.
Very good! Berg's Mill across from the old bridge. San Juan around the corner. I posted some of this exhibit titled "Making Hay" a while back. It has been removed either temporarily or permanently as the river work is proceeding.

It appears they are returning the river to it's old route under the one lane bridge. Well, they would only divert a small amount surely. Hard to figure at this point what they have in mind. I'm just hoping they can maintain enough flow to have a tiny stream down the newly widened river. Feel free t post a pic. Thanks for playing.

Old 04-16-2012, 10:34 AM

4,307 posts, read 9,552,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SATX56 View Post
Very good! Berg's Mill across from the old bridge. San Juan around the corner. I posted some of this exhibit titled "Making Hay" a while back. It has been removed either temporarily or permanently as the river work is proceeding.
they're at hardberger park now. I thought that was a second installation but if it's gone from the original location must have been moved.

Old 04-16-2012, 11:01 AM

114,838 posts, read 65,798,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaka View Post
they're at hardberger park now. I thought that was a second installation but if it's gone from the original location must have been moved.
No.. I think that is a different or separate display. I knew there was another I forgot which park though. They moved the one at Espada/Berg's Mill for the river work.

Now, it's not a well traveled area except for those looking for the "tracks". Unless the city or artists build a museum reach project down this way.

Old 04-16-2012, 12:13 PM

77 posts, read 124,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SATX56 View Post
It appears they are returning the river to it's old route under the one lane bridge. Well, they would only divert a small amount surely. Hard to figure at this point what they have in mind. I'm just hoping they can maintain enough flow to have a tiny stream down the newly widened river. Feel free t post a pic. Thanks for playing.
I don't have any pics handy.

About the river, I think (not positive) that the plan is that the entire flow of the river will go through the remaining small fragment of the original, un-engineered riverbed, which is barely visible in the middle of this google earth closeup Google Maps. Note the engineered design diverted the water through this section already. I think the engineered riverbed to the west is to be filled and forested.

Old 04-16-2012, 12:50 PM

693 posts, read 1,501,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IntentionallyBlank View Post
Is that 281 by Alamo Stadium?
Yes you got it!

Old 04-16-2012, 01:18 PM

206 posts, read 464,435 times
Ooooooh I want to play. Here's one. It's a public place.
Attached Thumbnails
Guess the location in this photo if you can....-scan.jpg  

Old 04-16-2012, 05:29 PM

693 posts, read 1,501,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IntentionallyBlank View Post

I've finally got one to share! I blurred out the name on the front of the building.
Is it a building in Fort Sam?

Old 04-16-2012, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by txmusicgal View Post
Is it a building in Fort Sam?
No, but the namesake of both places knew each other.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio