Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-30-2009, 07:23 AM

4,263 posts, read 10,825,866 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
I finally found someone to do my fence. Freaking $650 I really didn't want to spend.. and the motor on my dog's electric door broke ($88) and yet another trip to the vet for my chronically sick dog ($105). So much for getting a new toy

BTW, I think you can look at calling in the troubleshooters in two ways. You're being proactive in your neighborhood and making it a better place or the neighborhood looks like crap because of a few individuals. Correct me if I'm wrong, but we all could sue those individuals for lowering property values thanks to their BS, correct? That would probably be difficult, but it would also be a good (and legal) way of giving them the beat down they deserve.
RD, they replacing the whole back side for the $650? Or just bad boards?

Old 09-30-2009, 06:35 PM

41 posts, read 58,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwrober View Post
Well then what is your fact?

The fact is that I have spoken to SM directly about this situation in the past on multiple occasions and that is NOT why she quit. Again, stop drinkng the coolaid for awile and think about it. First SM (Rec Dir) quit, then NW (promoted Rec Dir) quit. Next came, C (maintenance) quit and KK (life guard) quit this summer. Now J (latest Rec Dir) has quit. No one wants to work at the Association or is it they do not want to work for someone at the Association.

Everyone (HOs) has such a problem with the salary that people are recieving, why would these people, most of whom are WC residentsthemselves, leave such a good paying job? The answer comes when you spend any time behind the scenes at the Association. It all becomes clear.

Now you can start drinking again

Old 09-30-2009, 06:40 PM

3,060 posts, read 7,424,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WC2006 View Post
The fact is that I have spoken to SM directly about this situation in the past on multiple occasions and that is NOT why she quit. Again, stop drinkng the coolaid for awile and think about it. First SM (Rec Dir) quit, then NW (promoted Rec Dir) quit. Next came, C (maintenance) quit and KK (life guard) quit this summer. Now J (latest Rec Dir) has quit. No one wants to work at the Association or is it they do not want to work for someone at the Association.

Everyone (HOs) has such a problem with the salary that people are recieving, why would these people, most of whom are WC residentsthemselves, leave such a good paying job? The answer comes when you spend any time behind the scenes at the Association. It all becomes clear.

Now you can start drinking again
Why don't you stop accusing me of drinking anything - I was talking about Jeremy, not Sandy. Sandy left because of the work conditions she had there - we talk to her quite often too, she's a good friend of ours. Jeremy's issue was family and personal. Noelia was a p/t employee, and left because after Sandy left, the entire load was dropped on her.

People on here are so quick to accuse and blame, etc etc. Why attack me? I'm on your side.

Old 09-30-2009, 08:57 PM

4,263 posts, read 10,825,866 times
Quote:
Why don't you stop accusing me of drinking anything - I was talking about Jeremy, not Sandy. Sandy left because of the work conditions she had there - we talk to her quite often too, she's a good friend of ours. Jeremy's issue was family and personal. Noelia was a p/t employee, and left because after Sandy left, the entire load was dropped on her.

People on here are so quick to accuse and blame, etc etc. Why attack me? I'm on your side.
Exactly...the comments were about the most recent guy, Jeremy. It was quite obvious.
This group is just looking for anything and everything to pick at....and they will alienate themselves, in time (already have, in my book). They have a lot to learn with regards to what works...and what doesn't.

Why aren't they waiting for folks to fix their fences before they stain?

Old 09-30-2009, 09:36 PM

186 posts, read 345,406 times
Why aren't they waiting for folks to fix their fences before they stain?[/quote]

I was curious about the staining myself...I have also noticed that some of the fence sections need to be straightened to the up right position. All the repair and stain in the county doesn't make a leaning fence look any straighter.

Old 10-01-2009, 03:40 AM

13,815 posts, read 29,395,601 times
I wish $650 would cover the whole fence, but that's just for repairs and replacing a major section of it. Word to the wise. If you ever have work done in your yard where they remove a portion of the fence, make it very clear that the fence needs to go back up exactly how it was.

Old 10-01-2009, 04:35 AM

41 posts, read 58,284 times
Quote:

I apologize. I thought you were referring to SM and her resignation. The reason I jumped to that conclusion was becasue that was what I was told on Monday the BOD president was telling people was the reason SM quit. Obviously, you and I both , nkow that not to be the case. Again, my apologies.

Old 10-01-2009, 08:29 AM

3,060 posts, read 7,424,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WC2006 View Post
I apologize. I thought you were referring to SM and her resignation. The reason I jumped to that conclusion was becasue that was what I was told on Monday the BOD president was telling people was the reason SM quit. Obviously, you and I both , nkow that not to be the case. Again, my apologies.
No problem. <<hug>>

Old 10-01-2009, 01:36 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,395,601 times
ha ha, I read <<chug>> the first time

Old 10-01-2009, 02:09 PM

19 posts, read 41,638 times
We are waiting for people to stain thier fences before we stain. One or two were stained before the necssary repairs were made. These are the exception and not the rule. Some of the fences will never be straight because of the terrain, trees, and tree limbs. These are the things that were not obvious to the casual observer until you go into the backyards and look at the individual fences. This has been done with the homeowner present and at there request.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio