Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-21-2008, 09:58 AM

3,823 posts, read 14,668,971 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
They should spread the cost among the entire neighborhood because everyone would benefit from a better looking fence. The current one is just ghetto and does nothing for property values. I actually think it lowers values because it is one of the first things that greets a new visitor and it's an ugly image.
How about they have some temporary "sample" fence sections (6') built, say in the overflow parking area in the park or near the clubhouse? Then people could view and vote on it.

Old 09-21-2008, 10:18 AM

13,815 posts, read 29,389,899 times
a sample would be nice and an open contract would help also. I can't help but wonder who got that last fence contract because they WAY overpaid for the garbage service they received. I wouldn't be surprised if the owner of the company lived in WC or had a friend here. We definitely didn't get what we paid for that time.

Old 09-21-2008, 10:18 AM

3,060 posts, read 7,423,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Man View Post
How about they have some temporary "sample" fence sections (6') built, say in the overflow parking area in the park or near the clubhouse? Then people could view and vote on it.

That's a good idea. Make sure you call or visit them with that idea.

Actually, all of these questions can be answered by just discussing them with the HOA. They're a friendly bunch, just make sure you're friendly back!

I know from personal experience that they have the best interest of the neighborhood in mind. And that it's tough to communicate when a majority of the neighborhood would rather not be involved, and then complain when something is done without their input.

Personally, I don't mind the fences. I'd prefer stone or brick, but the wood fencing isn't that bad. It's not in such disrepair that it's ugly. Sure it can use a new coat, or some replacement in areas, but every wooden structure does!

Old 09-24-2008, 09:01 AM

Default Volunteer Meeting

Get involved in the neighborhood! Volunteer meeting Monday, 29 Sep, 6pm at Community Center.

Old 09-24-2008, 10:30 AM

422 posts, read 1,450,669 times
If we go with a stone or a brick, cleaning graffiti the right way would be an issue. I see no problem with the wood fencing we currently have, it just needs tome TLC.

My question is, what happened to the old lawn care crew that used to upkeep the main roads. The new crew doesn't seem to do the same type of quality work the old crew did.

And who's dog poo'd on my sidewalk?

Old 09-24-2008, 12:19 PM

3,823 posts, read 14,668,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CreekKnoll View Post
If we go with a stone or a brick, cleaning graffiti the right way would be an issue. I see no problem with the wood fencing we currently have, it just needs tome TLC.

My question is, what happened to the old lawn care crew that used to upkeep the main roads. The new crew doesn't seem to do the same type of quality work the old crew did.

In answer to your first question: If I'm not mistaken, the new lawn care crew is on the payroll (part of that 46). IMO, their weakest part is trimming. Several long grass/weed antennas along the curbs are usually missed.

2nd question: Wasn't me and wasn't my dog (if I had one). I do get a large cat that likes to do the same thing in my backyard.

Old 09-24-2008, 11:51 PM

4,263 posts, read 10,823,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CreekKnoll View Post

Can't be my dog...mine S-H-I-T-S..he doesn't poo..

Old 09-25-2008, 07:13 AM

We have to dodge piles all over the sidewalks when we ride bikes to the kids' schools. Yuck.

Old 09-25-2008, 10:59 AM

121 posts, read 488,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Man View Post
In answer to your first question: If I'm not mistaken, the new lawn care crew is on the payroll (part of that 46). IMO, their weakest part is trimming. Several long grass/weed antennas along the curbs are usually missed.

2nd question: Wasn't me and wasn't my dog (if I had one). I do get a large cat that likes to do the same thing in my backyard.
Is there any reason why the lawn care crews DON'T mow the "greenbelts" that follow under the power lines? I get a note about weeds along the curb, but the HOA lets the "greenbelts" look like jungles?

Old 09-25-2008, 12:33 PM

The greenbelts probably belong to someone else and they may not be able to do anything about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio