Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2007, 01:30 PM

3,111 posts, read 9,209,594 times

Advertisements

I think that SA is growing as fast as it needs to.

I can't believe that people come on here and talk bad about SA. Can't they just keep their negative opinions to themselves. I would never go to an LA forum and talk about how much I hated LA.

I guess my momma always taught me that if I can't say anything nice then don't say anything at all.

I only have a High School education but I am smart enough to know that if I was living somewhere that I was miserable I would move. That is the part that just blows my mind. With so much education can't they go somewhere else and find a good job.

I actually hate to see the growth that I have seen in SA in the last 10 years. I wish we could go back to like it was in the 80's.

Just remember before you start to bad mouth SA, to each his own. Not everyone wants to live in a fast paced world, we like SA like it is, please don't try to change it.

Just because I am happy and content with my peaceful life on my ranch, raising my two daughters, it doesn't mean that I am a backwoods country bumpkin. I could live anywhere on God's green earth that I want to live but I choose to stay here, please respect that. If you think the people are un-educated and backwoods then please move to a city that fits your needs, we like it here just the way it is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2007, 01:35 PM

11,431 posts, read 19,003,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by infinity & beyond View Post
I was in Dallas over the weekend for the TX/OU game and I must say that is one amazing city. I've been there before but hadn't quite experienced it the way I did this weekend. It's extremely cosmopolitan, diverse, and "upscale" (atleast the area I stayed in was).

It has a walkable downtown with many bars, eateries, and shops. Downtown was very developed and has many different sections, my favorite in particular was the Arts District. Just north of downtown there's an area called Uptown which is beautiful and undergoing a ton of growth.

I felt like I was back in California, it really doesn't feel like the conventional Texas city at all. My favorite part about the city was that there were hardly any gas guzzling, environmentally unfriendly pickups!

This is how I'd like to see SA slowly start becoming. How can SA move forward and become more like a Dallas or Houston?
hopefully you will spread the word to other californians so that they won't make the mistake of moving to san antonio or austin, thinking that they are cosmopolitan, diverse cities.

Old 10-10-2007, 04:43 PM

4,796 posts, read 15,369,172 times
Whoever brought up CONTROLLED DEVELOPMENT gets my VOTE! Would you run for MAYOR?

After that, the only thing I really admire about Dallas is that they do have a very nice light rail system now. It wasn't there when I lived there.

And if you like BIG HAIR, you can thank Dallas for that TEXAS stereotype!

(Sorry....I have many friends in Dallas....and I love them all. It used to be my home, but I didn't know how MUCH I hated it until I moved back to SA.)

Old 08-09-2009, 09:09 PM

50 posts, read 153,360 times
Tourists make San Antonio special. What would you do without the taxes that tourism brings. If no one visited San Antonio it would be Van Horn.
I love visiting San Antonio and can't wait to move there.
Dallas - No thanks. Pompus
Houston - No thanks. Scary
Van Horn - No thanks. Empty
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio