Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2013, 05:39 AM

112 posts, read 179,445 times

Advertisements

Is anyone else fed up this lately? It seems like you cannot turn on the news or read the paper without learning of horrendous animal abuse. The cow who was pushed off the overpass sickened me for days.
I am still getting over the story of Frank from the weekend: the dog who had "home surgery" performed on him.
Now this today. What's wrong, SA?
Pup chained to interstate guardrail; ACS seeks culprit - San Antonio Express-News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2013, 06:14 AM

2,649 posts, read 7,441,550 times
It's not just San Antonio. It seemed to be a weekly occurrence in Dallas. Try dogs purposely doused in gasoline and lit on fire.

Old 05-21-2013, 07:01 AM

381 posts, read 768,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Readerfeeder View Post
Is anyone else fed up lately? It seems like you cannot turn on the news or read the paper without learning of horrendous animal abuse. The cow who was pushed off the overpass sickened me for days.
I am still getting over the story of Frank from the weekend: the dog who had "home surgery" performed on him.
Pup chained to interstate guardrail; ACS seeks culprit - San Antonio Express-News
Some people don't even care about humans. Yes the animal issue is bad too.

Old 05-21-2013, 07:16 AM

1,287 posts, read 3,820,173 times
Quote:
Is anyone else fed up this lately? It seems like you cannot turn on the news or read the paper without learning of horrendous animal abuse. The cow who was pushed off the overpass sickened me for days.
The cow was physically pushed off, it jumped off. That's not to say the responding deputy shouldn't have handled it differently. If the cow belonged to one of he local farmers, why didn't they just simply get one of them, whether they owned it or not, to get the cow off the bridge? It's not rocket science.

There are many, many people who shouldn't own pets. If you can't afford to take care of them either don't get them, or if you have one and can't afford it, give it away to someone who can.

The guy that chained the puppy to the guard rail can afford to get a newish vehicle but doesn't have the common sense on how to find an unwanted pet a new home? And the dog looks like a pit bull mix...imagine that. I hope ACS is able to find the dog a great home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smuboy86 View Post
It's not just San Antonio. It seemed to be a weekly occurrence in Dallas. Try dogs purposely doused in gasoline and lit on fire.
The type of behavior is psychopathic in nature, they need to get those people off the streets asap.

Old 05-21-2013, 09:07 AM

14 posts, read 23,556 times
Quote:
Disgusting. People need to think twice before they buy their kids pets...

Old 05-21-2013, 12:14 PM

7,005 posts, read 12,478,778 times
Child abuse is also high here.

Quote:
Now the number of child deaths in Bexar County is higher than ever. In the past fiscal year, 20 children died at the hands of caregivers here.
The county also had the most confirmed cases of abused and neglected children in the state — 5,915 — more than the 5,493 recorded in Houston, which has nearly three times as many children as San Antonio.

Read more: Despite changes, more kids are dying - San Antonio Express-News

When so many people can treat children like this, the amount of animal abuse here is no surprise.

Old 05-21-2013, 01:23 PM

381 posts, read 768,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L210 View Post
Child abuse is also high here.

When so many people can treat children like this, the amount of animal abuse here is no surprise.
Indeed. We live in such a cruel world that it's unbelievable. We have come a long way since the days that us as humans fed other people to lions, public executions(at least most of the world), etc. but we still have issues. People with that kind of thinking will always exist, but thankfully, it's the minority in today's modern world(at least I think).

Old 05-31-2013, 08:24 AM

112 posts, read 179,445 times
Wow, another horrible story...

Police, ACS investigate killing of River Walk duck - San Antonio Express-News

Old 05-31-2013, 12:33 PM

500 posts, read 969,642 times
Yep, there's some really sick folks we live amongst. These kind of stories really do seem to be on the increase. Such a low regard for life, it's like we're living in a 3rd world country. It's an alarming trend, and indicative of a society that is losing it's moral compass.

Old 05-31-2013, 09:26 PM

1,376 posts, read 1,367,679 times
I hate people (with a passion) that abuses animals. I and my sis adopts stray cats and dogs but we don't keep a bunch though we would like to.

Now we have two cats (one aging) and a dog and they are sweet pets.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio