Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2006, 02:45 PM

1 posts, read 7,684 times

Advertisements

Just started searching for my first house. Found something I like in the San Pedro Hills area off of Henderson Pass. Any thoughts on this area. A little bit older looking but seemed well kept and very close to lots of shopping. Is it a desirable area? If I wanted to sell in a few years do you think I'd have trouble (assuming overalll re market was still ok). Any thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2006, 02:49 PM

2,392 posts, read 9,650,393 times
Good area to buy in and if the market is ok I would think it would be an area that would resell pretty good.

Old 10-15-2006, 09:11 AM

266 posts, read 706,405 times
ya i like that area, its about 6 miles from me. actlualy almost anywhere on thousand oaks is ok.

Old 10-23-2006, 10:13 PM

6 posts, read 19,534 times
Default Thousand Oaks Area

My husband and I purchased a house last year in Eden subdivision which is off Thousand Oaks. It's about 2 miles down the road from Henderson Pass. We were looking for an area that was older with lots of trees and good schools. So far, we have been very happy here. Wonderful neighbors!!

Also in the last year I've been checking realtor.com to see what other houses are going for in this area. Our neighborhood has been steadily increasing in price since we bought in Oct. of last year. Lots of remodeling going on, and that's always a good sign in an older neighborhood.

Old 09-29-2007, 07:08 PM

1 posts, read 7,549 times
Thumbs up San Pedro Hills A Great Place to Live

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYerinTX View Post
Just started searching for my first house. Found something I like in the San Pedro Hills area off of Henderson Pass. Any thoughts on this area. A little bit older looking but seemed well kept and very close to lots of shopping. Is it a desirable area? If I wanted to sell in a few years do you think I'd have trouble (assuming overalll re market was still ok). Any thoughts?

I live in San Pedro Hills. We bought 2.5 years ago and love it. Clean, Peaceful and literally no crime. The homes are extremely well built. We completely remodeled the home and saw inside walls and floors and this house was in super shape to be 29years old. Good luck...

Old 09-30-2007, 11:06 AM

3 posts, read 13,132 times
Default San Pedro Hills & Thousand Oaks area

Definitely a good area for resale.... established neighborhood and close to everything. It's a much sought after area but getting a bit pricey unless you find one that needs updating but worth the effort. Houses don't last long on the market in that area if priced right.

Old 09-30-2007, 11:15 AM

4,796 posts, read 15,364,236 times
Ditto to all of the above!

NEISD is a great school district....MacArthur is the highschool....AWESOME school....but most in that district are. Bradley Middle School is exceptional.

Old 10-01-2007, 08:10 AM

35 posts, read 171,229 times
Hee, we've been in our house for almost a year now and yes, we did end up buying in the area. I'm pretty happy w/ everything so far. Maybe I'll get to meet some of you in the area if we all go the meetup that is being planned.

Old 10-01-2007, 08:47 AM

1,740 posts, read 5,744,765 times
Good area - but some houses have a definite 70's feel in terms of architecture which can be a draw back for some. Houses sell well but resale isn't as good as neighborhoods west of 281 of the same age.

Old 10-11-2007, 11:55 PM

1 posts, read 7,445 times
Default San Pedro Hills

Quote:
Originally Posted by banker View Post
Good area - but some houses have a definite 70's feel in terms of architecture which can be a draw back for some. Houses sell well but resale isn't as good as neighborhoods west of 281 of the same age.
That's because the neighborhoods directly west of San Pedro Hills make up Hill Country Village & Hollywood Park, basically the two most exclusive park-like communities in the San Antonio area (mature trees, acreage, wild deer, etc.). You also have Shady Oaks, Kentwood Manor, & Heritage Park that also neighbor San Pedro Hills. San Pedro Hills is a mixture of custom homes, and those 70's versions of cookie-cutter homes. If you can get your hand on a custom, I'd say go for it. Premier neighborhoods surround you, plus location location location (1604 & 281). Timing is everything though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio