Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2013, 09:28 AM

2,295 posts, read 2,369,604 times

Advertisements

Nice storm shot. Hope we get the rain that is predicted this week. Sure do need it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2013, 10:36 AM

410 posts, read 923,799 times
This is gorgeous rynetwo.....I can almost smell the rain.

Old 10-09-2013, 11:22 AM

File this under "Flirting with Disaster"

So I'm driving and decide to stop for gas at Walmart off 410/151. 18-wheeler parked with hose inserted into the concrete and unloading it's flammable cargo. Standing over the hose is the driver on a cell phone. Unless things have changed, shouldn't one generally avoid using phones around gas pumps? Unless this is an urban legend but I do recall the decals on the pumps.

Flirting w Disaster (Cont.)

After gassing up, I promptly make my way to work on 90 East, just when the rising sun is getting ready to glare its hardest against the helpless commuters below. Traffic starts to slow, people are adjusting their visors, squinting to look ahead. I exit Zarzamora where I see an abandoned car with back window missing, front tire flat, and sitting on the seemingly narrow shoulder. I drive by and hope that others avoid this accident waiting to happen.

Old 10-09-2013, 12:08 PM

4,437 posts, read 5,349,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanAntonianByChoice View Post

So I'm driving and decide to stop for gas at Walmart off 410/151. 18-wheeler parked with hose inserted into the concrete and unloading it's flammable cargo. Standing over the hose is the driver on a cell phone. Unless things have changed, shouldn't one generally avoid using phones around gas pumps? Unless this is an urban legend but I do recall the decals on the pumps.

After gassing up, I promptly make my way to work on 90 East, just when the rising sun is getting ready to glare its hardest against the helpless commuters below. Traffic starts to slow, people are adjusting their visors, squinting to look ahead. I exit Zarzamora where I see an abandoned car with back window missing, front tire flat, and sitting on the seemingly narrow shoulder. I drive by and hope that others avoid this accident waiting to happen.

It really is great to live east of where I work. I have to deal with the sun for about 30 seconds on Westover Hills Blvd and it's awful!

Old 10-17-2013, 07:03 AM

4,437 posts, read 5,349,686 times
This thing but with more stripes!

Old 10-17-2013, 09:02 AM

6,884 posts, read 20,409,476 times
this is a great thread! I wish now that I had taken a pic of the old beat up Toyota in the Goodwill parking lot with Obama bumper stickers all over it. Covered from roof to hood to trunk! It was insane looking.

Old 10-17-2013, 09:20 AM

6,707 posts, read 8,780,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanAntonianByChoice View Post

Leaving earlier for work helps me avoid the glare. I had the same problem but now I just leave a few minutes earlier and avoid it on most days.

Old 12-10-2013, 11:57 AM

On my usual commute to work this morning, something caught my eye as I sat waiting to turn right from Potranco onto 151 access road. In the distance, under the overpass bridge, I see several items that appear to be clothing, blankets, and maybe food packaging maniacally strewn about the concrete as if rifled through by someone in search of something important but gave up. In the midst of this I see a mound of blankets with a person underneath. I glanced at the digital reading of outside temperature: 33 degrees.

Old 12-11-2013, 12:01 PM

I'm accustomed to seeing drivers pull stunts on our roadways that could possibly lead to accidents, but within a few hours apart I saw 2 individuals that made me hold my breath as they they braved rush hour traffic without a motorized vehicle. Yesterday evening, I'm driving down that congested stretch of blacktop known as Potranco. The sun is setting and it begins to grow dark. Up ahead on the right shoulder I see what I think is a white light , that seems to blink sporadically. Odd. As the traffic continues to stop and go, I'm surprised to see that the blinking light was in fact a bike reflector. Then we come up on a man navigating his bike on the right shoulder, slowly making his way down the road. There is no bike lane, so drivers are moving ever so slightly to the left to ensure they don't hit him. I pass him, breathe a sigh of relief nothing happened and in my mind wished him a safe arrival. This morning, off the 151 access road, I'm shocked to see what I think is a young teen walking on the left shoulder. The shoulder is about to end as it intersects with 151 off ramp. The access road is always teeming with traffic. I see cars daily trying to turn onto it from side roads and have a hard time of it. How in the world was this person going to cross the ramp exit and/or access road (not to mention the on ramp to 151 just a few yards away) without getting hit I wondered. I passed him and wished him well.

Last edited by SanAntonianByChoice; 12-11-2013 at 01:30 PM..

Old 12-14-2013, 07:38 AM

733 posts, read 1,047,567 times
... and what do i see? an overzealous driver, going too fast, rear ends one car and smashes into another car with a black lady and her kids.

douche came about 10' from hitting me! thankfully everyone was ok and douchebag's car was totaled.

the shocker? douche didnt speak a word of english. happened on the i10 westbound lane right before the 410/10 interchange...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio