Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2008, 05:53 PM

529 posts, read 2,711,149 times

Advertisements

Okay, I had to zip the Word doc before it allowed me to upload it. Attached is a diagram of my and my old neighbor's house.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Figure 1 - How our houses are right now for posting.zip (15.8 KB, 273 views)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2008, 06:00 PM

529 posts, read 2,711,149 times
Default More info on zero lot line

I have read that one of the benefits of a zero lot line is that instead of two really skinny side yards that you can't do anything with, you have one wide side yard and then no side yard at all on the other side (because the side of your house is in your neighbor's yard).
It's just a horrible idea here in San Antonio where one needs to "water" their house to keep from having foundation problems. Essentially anytime you need to do anything to your house- watering, repairs etc.. you have to knock on your neighbor's door and ask for permission to enter their yard. If you have workers coming over, you have to make sure their schedule meets your neighbor's schedule.
Oh yeah, one of those pictures of the side of of my house shows that they squirted ketchup or threw some red paint on my house in addition to the holes.
They also planted a treet right up against my foundation (made a raised bed against my foundation) and by the time I noticed it, the tree had grown into my siding and made a whole. I had to ask them several times to trim the top of the tree because it was pressing into my roof.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenane View Post
Okay, I had to zip the Word doc before it allowed me to upload it. Attached is a diagram of my and my old neighbor's house.

Old 07-01-2008, 07:51 PM

1,518 posts, read 2,761,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shenane View Post
I attempting to attach the diagram of our houses and pictures of a whole bunch of trash that was stored right up against my house. It was easy for her to do since the side of my house is in her yard. These pictures was taken from the roof of my house (well, my old house. I moved)
Looks like the diagram picture is too large for uploaded. I'll try a different way.
Holy crap that's a rat's nest Shenane.

Old 07-01-2008, 10:10 PM

5,615 posts, read 14,789,091 times
That's one ghetto neighbor...

Glad you were able to move!

Old 07-02-2008, 10:44 AM

1,518 posts, read 2,761,274 times
No doubt. I would be terribly upset living next to that. But it seems like an open and shut case.

Old 04-23-2009, 04:03 AM

2 posts, read 7,504 times
1] A business being on the right side of the law does not make a business right. Remember AOL?Thieves. 2] Dan Rutherford is now on Sunday nights [every other Sunday, next time will be 05/03/09], but still the Ricci Ware show, and still KTSA 550 AM. 3] I think Mr. Dan Rutherford, due some advice he gave a caller to foreclose [there was no statement or implication from the caller that the people were behind] due to a discrepancy in viewpoint as to the amount, is an EVIL person. He's a thief, there is no way to leave a message at his office if you call outside office hours. He is also, like many attorneys, a liar, who ignores the complete story. Mr. Rutherford belongs in jail, he needs to go to jail, directly to jail, and make no attempt to collect $200 on his way. His advice to the young man to foreclose was EVIL and directly from Satan, and it is legalized theft.

Last edited by Tex710; 04-23-2009 at 04:09 AM.. Reason: correct my grammar, complete a sentence

Old 09-07-2010, 01:17 PM

6 posts, read 14,079 times
Question Guys, I lost $394 from a fraud eBay seller in San Antonio, pls answer

Guys,
I live in NH state.

Is it worth going to Small claims court to get the money lost in eBay transaction of $394 ? And all these Fees, Attorney cost, small claim filing fee etc. The seller is NOT answering calls or emails. He has made the money and is already on the run.

I am wondering, should I open a case for $394 ? or take the loss and forget about it.

Thanks for answering, once again.

Old 09-07-2010, 11:06 PM

7,130 posts, read 11,829,912 times
You'd have to come to court in SA to press the case - IMO, not worth it.

Old 09-08-2010, 06:40 AM

2,793 posts, read 6,045,275 times
sn008, why don't you just count your loss and let it go? I understand how it feels to be scammed. Best thing a person can do is put it in the back of their mind as quickly as possible... for sanity purposes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio