Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2015, 03:55 PM

6,705 posts, read 8,771,270 times

Advertisements

San Antonio is like the deep south to me and this is coming from someone that is San Antonio born. There is a lot of racism in San Antonio, people just don't see it or choose not to.

From a geographical position standpoint, San Antonio is the furthest deep south compared to MS, AL, GA, NC, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2015, 03:57 PM

424 posts, read 609,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure110 View Post
San Antonio is like the deep south to me and this is coming from someone that is San Antonio born. There is a lot of racism in San Antonio, people just don't see it or choose not to.
Have you spent any time in the deep south?

Also, what does being born in San Antonio have to do with anything? I was born in San Antonio as well. I felt no need to mention that because it does nothing to validate or invalidate by opinion.

Old 03-16-2015, 04:01 PM

702 posts, read 726,457 times
Actually, Dallas is the shining city upon the hill -- it is the land of freedom Dr. King spoke of. A land where everyone is completely colorblind and all men are treated as equals. Bi-and tri-racial couples are the norm and it is required by law to adopt a child of color before having any of your own.

San Antonio is something out of the 1800's. You ever see the movie Mississippi burning? Every single person is exactly like James Woods in that movie. Actually, it is more like everyone is like Leonardo Dicaprio from Django Unchained. It is a modern slave state where bi-racial relationships are a crime punishable under the law.

But seriously, unless you are living in Oklahoma you're fine.

Old 03-16-2015, 04:02 PM

You added this to your post.

Quote:
From a geographical position standpoint, San Antonio is the furthest deep south compared to MS, AL, GA, NC, etc.

I see what I'm dealing with. I will proceed to not engage you in this argument.

San Antonio isn't in the deep south. The deep south has nothing to do with being the most southern area of the country.

Old 03-16-2015, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unintentionallyfunny View Post
Have you spent any time in the deep south?

Also, what does being born in San Antonio have to do with anything? I was born in San Antonio as well. I felt no need to mention that because it does nothing to validate or invalidate by opinion.
Yes I have or I wouldn't have made the comment I did.

Old 03-16-2015, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Yes I have or I wouldn't have made the comment I did.
If you had, you wouldn't have made the second comment you made.

I don't believe you at all. It's quite easy to lie on the internet.

Old 03-16-2015, 04:13 PM

My apologies to the OP. I have nothing more to say to him.

Old 03-16-2015, 04:44 PM

4,307 posts, read 9,552,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unintentionallyfunny View Post
I'm sorry, no part of SA is like the deep south. Have you been to the deep south? I have family in areas of Alabama and Mississippi. Trust me, there is no area of SA with people like that. Are there ignorant, racist people in San Antonio? Yes, with out question. But it's a city of nearly 1.5 million and a metro of 2.4 million. It's a very very small percentage.

I have family in Dallas and in all.honesty, there are areas there that remind.me.if the deep south. The underlying racism in Dallas is incredible.
I find the same here in certain pockets. I'm usually blindsided by it because I don't expect it. Racism is alive and well here.

We're far from color blind here. That said, I think an interracial couple is less of an issue in most parts of town than a black man walking down a street in most neighborhoods, where there's a good chance he will be presumed to not belong there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio