Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-03-2015, 06:54 PM

6 posts, read 7,530 times

Advertisements

My company is setting of housing since we won't be able to visit your beautiful area before the move. They have given us two options for apartments. The first is Mission Ranch and the second is Whispering Creek Apartments. We will be working in the Medical district, which both seem to be close to. If anyone has any input on either one please let us know. Thank yall so much! We are very excited to come join your beautiful city!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2015, 07:09 PM

11,495 posts, read 26,883,025 times
They should both be fine. They're very close to each other so you can't really use location to choose. Whispering Creek was built in 1995 and Mission Ranch in 2000, so they're both new enough to be pretty nice.

Old 02-03-2015, 07:30 PM

I knew location would be similar. Thank you for the reassurance. Would you say they are safe areas?

Old 02-03-2015, 07:40 PM

9,852 posts, read 13,704,520 times
They are both safe areas. At the moment Hamilton Wolf (where Whispering Creek VIllas is) is under a lot of construction. It's pretty painful to drive through. It's all to improve the Medical Center (not district) and will be nice once done. The second compex is right on Babcock. Babcock can be very busy at times but there is a middle turn lane where you can hang out in to get into the opposite direction. Mission Ranch is a bit closer to an HEB (two lights compared to 4) and I feel like it has a nicer vibe to it. Both will have some traffic noise and sirens at times. You are in the Medical Center area. FWIW, I have lived on the opposite side of the Medical Center (southwest of it as opposed to north of it like these areas are) and I mainly hear the noise during the day and occasionally in the evenings. With the little info I have and living relatively close to both I would pick Mission Ranch, just because of the construction.

Last edited by ashbeeigh; 02-03-2015 at 09:10 PM..

Old 02-03-2015, 08:50 PM

4,307 posts, read 9,558,454 times
It's been years but I had a friend who lived at Mission Ranch and it was quite nice, busy street, but it's a complex set back so not a big deal.

Old 02-04-2015, 05:52 AM

Thank you all for your info. It's nice to get the locales opinion. From the web Whispering Creek stood out a little more then Mession but I'm going strictly on pictures which isn't s fair judgement. Sounds like mission it is though!

Old 02-04-2015, 06:12 AM

11,495 posts, read 26,883,025 times
I lived in a complex down the street and it was a safe area, just noisy from helicopters and sirens. There used to be a bar that was pretty busy on the weekend nights, right at Babcock and Eckert, across from the VA Hospital...no clue if the bar is still there and popular, but the shopping center it was in backs up to Mission Ranch so it might be a noise consideration if the apartment is close to the shopping center. Maybe someone who lives in the area will know that bar still gets super-crowded on weekends.

Old 02-04-2015, 06:32 AM

9,852 posts, read 13,704,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog_Mom View Post
I lived in a complex down the street and it was a safe area, just noisy from helicopters and sirens. There used to be a bar that was pretty busy on the weekend nights, right at Babcock and Eckert, across from the VA Hospital...no clue if the bar is still there and popular, but the shopping center it was in backs up to Mission Ranch so it might be a noise consideration if the apartment is close to the shopping center. Maybe someone who lives in the area will know that bar still gets super-crowded on weekends.
That's Tonic. It's still there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio