Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2016, 08:58 PM

275 posts, read 185,577 times

Advertisements

Brother of David Molak who committed suicide posts message to cyber bullies | Daily Mail Online

. rich kids can be very mean, I am surprised Alamo Heights district didnt do something prior to this kid having to move to a private school. I hope they find and punish those bullies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2016, 10:08 PM

11,495 posts, read 26,868,439 times
So much of the problem takes place on social media, outside of the school's authority, and the bullies don't even use their real names a lot of the time. I doubt there was anything much the school could do. Even when it happens at school, it usually involves a group of kids making fun of one kid, and the group will lie for each other if the school administrators ask what's going on. It's even worse in a school with a bunch of rich kids, because they'll call their parents and the parents call the school and threaten legal action.

Old 01-10-2016, 10:32 AM

14,637 posts, read 35,026,845 times
Kids should not be on social media. I know that's not a viable option these days but if my child had a previous suicide attempt due to cyberbullying, no way would he be given online access.

And "rich kids" are just as mean as poor kids.

Old 01-10-2016, 10:45 AM

2,007 posts, read 2,904,216 times
David Molak: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

someone in the comments named the alleged bullies. I think this is the second cyberbullying suicide at this high school in 5 years. And, the "main bully" apparantly pushed someone down a slide, causing antoher kid to drown. This is all from the comments -I have no personal knowledge of any of this but this is really, really sad.

Old 01-10-2016, 11:04 AM

232 posts, read 379,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarksvillemom View Post
David Molak: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

someone in the comments named the alleged bullies. I think this is the second cyberbullying suicide at this high school in 5 years. And, the "main bully" apparantly pushed someone down a slide, causing antoher kid to drown. This is all from the comments -I have no personal knowledge of any of this but this is really, really sad.
The girl was killed while at canyon lake on a group trip. Basically, a bunch went down a slide that went into the lake and she was on the bottom and everyone came down on top of her, trapping her underwater long enough for her to drown.

As far as the cyber bullying part, it is ONLY a class B misdemeanor. EVERYONE needs to petition Speaker Joe Straus, of the Texas Legislature, to get this crime changed to a felony. He is from and still lives in Alamo Heights an should be directly involved in this situation. Call, write or email him and tell him to change the law. It wont effect this case but it could help in the future.

Texas House of Representatives : Speaker of the House

Old 01-10-2016, 11:10 AM

1,033 posts, read 875,406 times
Bullying in this extreme way has NO PLACE anywhere.

The names of the bullies are crystal clear in that Heavy.com link: Let them be well-known for their actions and suffer the consequence.

Old 01-10-2016, 02:46 PM

733 posts, read 1,047,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nam2015 View Post
Brother of David Molak who committed suicide posts message to cyber bullies | Daily Mail Online

. rich kids can be very mean, I am surprised Alamo Heights district didnt do something prior to this kid having to move to a private school. I hope they find and punish those bullies.
wonder why the parents weren't monitoring their child's online activity. could have likely been prevented if the kid wasn't allowed on social media and the parents had been monitoring his activities.

Ps - admins can we remove this thread since people are referencing the minors not named in the article? last thing anyone needs is SJWs with no idea on the real facts, coming from city data and going on a witch hunt for these minors.

Old 01-10-2016, 04:08 PM

432 posts, read 523,314 times
Things have sure changed. I grew up in the 'sticks and stones' era.

Old 01-10-2016, 04:39 PM

11,495 posts, read 26,868,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KM1174 View Post
wonder why the parents weren't monitoring their child's online activity. could have likely been prevented if the kid wasn't allowed on social media and the parents had been monitoring his activities.
This is true...if your child is facing a situation they're clearly unable to deal with, the best thing for the parents to do is remove the child from the situation. I think the parents thought moving him to another school was enough, but it would have been more appropriate to take away his access to social media while he worked through the problem, and to monitor him more carefully since he had apparently attempted suicide before.

Old 01-10-2016, 04:50 PM

14,637 posts, read 35,026,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KM1174 View Post

Ps - admins can we remove this thread since people are referencing the minors not named in the article? last thing anyone needs is SJWs with no idea on the real facts, coming from city data and going on a witch hunt for these minors.
I agree with removing it even though our opinions don't matter. Some of the alleged adult comments I've seen on Facebook are just as evil and mean and twisted as the supposed teen bully. They must not hear themselves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio