Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2015, 03:38 PM

733 posts, read 1,047,413 times

Advertisements

i stupidly opened an RFBCU account, thinking it would be as hassle-free as SACU to add my spouse to my account. WRONG. they want basically the same information PLUS additional paperwork PLUS a fee to add my spouse to a separate account and merge it with mine.

HAH no.

anyone thinking about switching, just get an amex blue preferred card. better rewards, fees waived and no bs hassle to add your spouse to your account.

SACU (who im sticking with) only wants a name, DOB and last 4 of social. RFBCU wants DL, social, marriage certificate, fees and utility bills. eff that!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2015, 07:40 AM

1,012 posts, read 1,119,686 times
It takes 90 minutes to open a checking account at RBFCU.

Old 07-17-2015, 08:54 AM

4,434 posts, read 5,348,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flashfearless View Post
It took me only 15.

Old 07-17-2015, 10:44 AM

432 posts, read 523,504 times
Two and a half hours in one visit for two new accounts (MM and checking) at Wells Fargo two years ago. Clerk was on the phone most of that time with the help desk trying to navigate their stupid do-it-all electronic sign up forms. Many steps in the process were interrupted with required sales pitches for other services.

I was in Atlanta, GA and needed a bank with a TX presence.

After the first hour I decided it could not take much longer...

Old 07-18-2015, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashfearless View Post
sounds about right. got 30 minutes under my belt so far and now they want us to go in with a host of info that SACU never asked for.

the BS line of 'its to protect you and your account' is BS. they are insinuating my spouse may do somehthing messed up to our account down the line. i let their corp line know how farked up that is and how they should at the very least retrain the idiot rep i chatted/spoke with.

regardless, i closed the account and have to wait for them to mail me my 5 bucks back.

Old 07-18-2015, 11:13 AM

In my case, we were new members coming in from out of state, so I get being a little careful, but heck I opened an account where my son goes to school at the credit union at the University of Kentucky in like 20 minutes tops. I didn't reside in either state.

Old 07-18-2015, 05:52 PM

18 posts, read 41,259 times
I use rbfcu, and wanted to open a savings acct for my kids. They put us on a conference call and she promptly told us it would take an hour. That's ludicrous.

Old 07-18-2015, 10:18 PM

18 posts, read 15,173 times
I put my fiance on my account and it wasn't that much of a hassle. Just did it online and signed something.
My issue with them is the fact that they have outsourced everything to India. We went in to get a loan and were set in a room, we figured someone was coming in to talk to us and do the paper work, but instead we sat in front of a computer and talked to a lady in India. It was weird and every time we have to talk to someone it's always India. And their hours suck. But I've noticed everyone's hours are declining.

Old 07-21-2015, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guil View Post
I put my fiance on my account and it wasn't that much of a hassle. Just did it online and signed something.
My issue with them is the fact that they have outsourced everything to India. We went in to get a loan and were set in a room, we figured someone was coming in to talk to us and do the paper work, but instead we sat in front of a computer and talked to a lady in India. It was weird and every time we have to talk to someone it's always India. And their hours suck. But I've noticed everyone's hours are declining.
yeah, this only solidifies my decision to close the account. spoke with someone VIA tele who confirmed we would have to go in and conference call someone to get my spouse added. the india bit you mentioned is a major turn off for me.

thanks for posting!

Old 07-22-2015, 06:25 AM

I think maybe the person you talked to was an Indian locally, maybe? Both times I have encountered the dreaded video conferencing hassle it was with Anglos, and I doubt many Anglos are living willingly in India.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
View detailed profiles of: