Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-03-2015, 10:36 AM

16 posts, read 18,777 times

Advertisements

So I've been in San Antonio about 4 months now.

I first lived with a buddy up off TPC Parkway. The area was nice, new and had pretty much everything. The 281 traffic in the morning and commute to work in the medical center was brutal. Since then I've lived in the medical center area for a couple of months off of Babcock and Hamilton Wolfe. Not a horrible area, but as a single 30 year old I'm not feeling the area much.

I'm coming from living in center city Philadelphia and miss being able to park my car Friday after work and be able to walk/ride a bike anywhere I needed to go over the weekend. I realize San Antonio isn't exactly a walk-able city, but the Pearl area comes close enough with my gym (TriPoint YMCA) and school (SAC) in running distance and bars/study areas within walking distance.

That said, I can't decide where to rent. I've checked out 1800 Broadway and Midtown at Brackenridge, both were nice but wasn't completely feeling them. The Can Plant seems nice but being in the middle of the crowd every weekend would get annoying.

Any suggestions? Any advice/general info from people living in the area or been in my shoes as a newcomer to the city? Budget is around $1200 for a one bedroom, but obviously cheaper is better.

Thanks,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2015, 11:07 AM

2,649 posts, read 7,441,550 times
Maybe try cityview or river house? Both are greystar complexes and usually have a pretty good reputation

Old 12-04-2015, 12:22 AM

1,038 posts, read 876,880 times
Most units around the Pearl are TINY. You get very little for a lot of money (well, for San Antonio).

Old 12-04-2015, 09:19 AM

4,307 posts, read 9,557,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBaby View Post
Most units around the Pearl are TINY. You get very little for a lot of money (well, for San Antonio).

It's about location. What you lack in SF, you make up for by having all the city's activities at your door step.

Honestly, though, they all seem similar to me. If you don't want to be as in the mix as at the Can Plant, check out Cevallos or the new lofts in Southtown. Not in The Pearl, but similar vibe with less crowd.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
View detailed profiles of: