Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2015, 08:47 AM

424 posts, read 610,224 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutesammy01 View Post
2. Are there any upper class black neighborhoods with good schools?
There is an almost exclusively (may be 100%)black upper class subdivision on the Far East side near Schertz.

It's just outside 1694 and north of I10. I believe the schools would belong to SCUCISD. Which is a very good school district.

I'm blanking on the name of the development. Let me get home later and find out and I'll post it.

Old 12-13-2015, 11:02 AM

1,647 posts, read 2,064,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unintentionallyfunny View Post
New York City is NEW YORK CITY. No city or metro in this country is on its level in any way. So trying to compare to it is beyond stupid. So let's just stop there.

But to make a blanket statement like SA isn't divisifed is just as stupid.

Besides the anecdotal evidence on an Internet message board that you seem to 100% believe at face value, what actual racism have to seem or witnessed? Where in the news have you seen legitamite racism reported? Not perceived racism or the race card being use, but genuine racism?

I'll hold my breathe.

Again, racism exists, I'm not denying it, this is a large city and large metro area. Just one perso. Hating a race or races means racism exists.

But that's not the real question or meaning behind "racism" in OP's post or anyone's for that matter.

The only place where racism doesn't exist is where humans don't exist.

I don't even know where to begin with this..thanks for the chuckle. Yes, I have (and my family has) experienced racism here (it's been outlined in one of my earlier posts). Enjoy your day.

Old 12-13-2015, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancho-Villa View Post
I don't even know where to begin with this..thanks for the chuckle. Yes, I have (and my family has) experienced racism here (it's been outlined in one of my earlier posts). Enjoy your day.
You're ridiculous. You posted no examples of racism. Just that it's been outlined on CD before.

Again, I said, aside from message board (CD) anecdotes, that you take at face value, show me examples.

Old 12-13-2015, 06:21 PM

7,629 posts, read 16,461,711 times
PLEASE ENLIGTHEN the rest of us that have lived here for years of the neighborhood of which you speak....cause to those in the know you speak S^&T! Show US your fantasy land example please!!!!!

Old 12-13-2015, 08:22 PM

9,853 posts, read 13,708,956 times
I have some more recent friends who moved from New York City and while one of them (it's a couple) has roots in the Austin area, it has been an adjustment for them. The weather, the people, the driving, etc. I would reccomend taking a long hard look at San Antonio before relocating (and i agree this is going to be a hit and run poster and any ensuing arguments will go unnoticed).

Old 12-13-2015, 08:32 PM

55 posts, read 89,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancho-Villa View Post
Anyway, I'm getting the feeling that this was a hit-n-run post and this person wont be back.
You called it.

Old 12-14-2015, 12:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paka View Post
PLEASE ENLIGTHEN the rest of us that have lived here for years of the neighborhood of which you speak....cause to those in the know you speak S^&T! Show US your fantasy land example please!!!!!
Yeah, using caps and excessive exclamation points doesn't make you look right or smart. It only makes you look one way.

Old 12-14-2015, 01:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paka View Post
PLEASE ENLIGTHEN the rest of us that have lived here for years of the neighborhood of which you speak....cause to those in the know you speak S^&T!
Silly and immature swearing aside, I will respond to your request.

The name of the subdivision is Laura Heights Estates on the far east side. It's within the city of Schertz.

Old 12-16-2015, 10:06 AM

1,806 posts, read 4,314,151 times
Come to Houston on the weekends!!

Old 12-30-2015, 08:31 AM

1 posts, read 934 times
These are all opinions of someone who was born and raised in San Diego & Seattle. Lived in Houston, TX for 5 years and San Antonio going on 4.

1. Is there a lot of Racism in San Antonio? And what areas are the most racist?
I know this is up for debate but I have experienced quite a bit of racism here in San Antonio, perhaps it’s my interracial relationship. But I will say this, there are far worse places, and it’s not my problem, it’s theirs. San Antonio is not even a 10th as diverse as New York (Family there, been there many times), and San Antonio isn’t as close to how diverse it is in Houston either but I think you’ll be fine.

2. Are there any upper class black neighborhoods with good schools?
Can’t speak on this, we currently live on the West Side, and it’s growing quite a bit, you may like this side of town for that fact alone.

3. Would I feel comfortable living in a wealthy white neighborhood?
Yes! But I will say this, the racism isn’t from the white people here at least not as far as I’ve experienced.

4. What is the night life like in San Antonio?
Great! But be careful, CRAZY amounts of drunk driving 7 nights a week, it seems like I’m always hearing about drunk driving incidents on the news.

5. What options do I have in terms of fun? Anything comparable to NYC?
LOL!! Um, what do you do for fun in NYC? Honestly man, nothing compares to NYC so don’t move here thinking it’s in any way shape or form comparable. Actually the traffic is better here than in NYC, and THAT is saying a lot about San Antonio. (Cause the traffic sucks)

6. Is San Antonio a good place to raise children?
Absolutely.

7. How is the nursing field here? Are there a lot of jobs available for RN'S?
Can’t speak on this, sorry!

Good luck to you!! And Happy New Year!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio