Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-01-2012, 01:37 PM

1,836 posts, read 3,821,217 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuanValdez View Post
Romo's had a really weird menu and 95% of what they served was some type of preserved food. God help you if you wanted a side with your entree. $6 french fries were your only option.

The service was absolutely terrible every single time I went. If there were 3 other occupied tables in that entire place rest assured they'd seat you in the dirty table in the middle of the crowd.

The owner had a real attitude problem about modifying any of his food. Salt/pepper/sugar/ketchup were kept in the back under a counter. Forget refills, they didn't believe in them. I guess the cash register PC had an internet connection because he'd have 3 waiters, that were new every visit, behind it sitting on their thumbs your entire meal.

Usually, whatever we ordered most of it would be great and one item would be absolutely terrible.

I gave this place chance... after chance... after chance....

Good riddance. Maybe we can get a taco place there instead.
Well said.

While I hate seeing a locally-owned business fail, it seems the owner did little to stop this from happening. There's no excuse for these kinds of repeat reviews, and it's certainly not the first bad things I had heard about Romos. Their (crap) reputation preceded itself.

I'd hope another home-grown would take over the space. The construction will eventually be done with and the location isn't bad as a long haul property. It just needs an owner who's got the capital to ride out some tough spots that tend to happen with this economy.

BN
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2012, 02:36 PM

3,770 posts, read 8,292,219 times
From Romo's FB page:

Quote:
RoMo's Cafe
Thank you all for your concern, encouragement and prayers. We are going to take a couple weeks to refocus and digest all of our options. It is very important that you all know we truly cared about what we did and who we served. It was a very challenging location for our particularly amazing cuisine, but believe me we fought tooth and nail as long as intelligently possible...the customer volume was just never where it needed to be.

Last edited by BstYet2Be; 09-02-2012 at 01:38 PM.. Reason: Copyrighted article - requires snippet (2-3 sentences only) w/link

Old 09-02-2012, 01:35 AM

1,099 posts, read 2,074,227 times
La Gloria is coming to the Airport..now everyone from out of town can spend way too much money for average food

Old 09-02-2012, 08:12 PM

545 posts, read 1,061,801 times
La Gloria ain't bad, but the portions and prices are all over the places. One person spends $20 and leaves starving, another spends $10 and eats like a pig.

Old 09-03-2012, 12:14 AM

2,359 posts, read 6,434,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnts71 View Post
La Gloria is coming to the Airport..now everyone from out of town can spend way too much money for average food
Amen I think this place is way overrated.

Old 09-03-2012, 11:15 AM

715 posts, read 1,356,705 times
While we're on the airport, does anyone know if they reopened a Cinnabon somewhere in there?? I know that was one of the things that vanished with the terminal B construction. I really like that place and seems most "major" airports have them.

Old 09-03-2012, 11:18 AM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 38,111,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davi78239 View Post
While we're on the airport, does anyone know if they reopened a Cinnabon somewhere in there?? I know that was one of the things that vanished with the terminal B construction. I really like that place and seems most "major" airports have them.
Every place that's open there now is on the bubble. The airport restaurants are about to change dramatically. A new vendor won the food contract. That's why the Las Palapas location there will be closing.

I-Team: Controversial S.A. airport food contract decided | kens5.com San Antonio

Old 09-03-2012, 02:35 PM

7,629 posts, read 16,455,013 times
As long as they live Blimpees alone, I could care less. That place makes AWESOME sandwhiches which we take on the plane to share, or grab on the way home so I don't have to cook and we can enjoy while unpacking!!! Blimpies sandwhiches are the BEST....FAR superior to Subway!!!!

Old 09-03-2012, 03:22 PM

1,552 posts, read 2,329,790 times
Getting rid of McD's is stupid. While the food is crappy, it is cheap, efficient and fast. Sometimes you need that.

Old 09-03-2012, 08:34 PM

501 posts, read 776,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by perticusrex View Post
I was surprised by the negativity as well. Romos was (is?) something different, and it was good. There wasn't anything I ate from there that I can say was awful. The truffle fries were really good IMO, the bacon bleu burger, pot pie, and the chocolate chip cookies... were my favs.
Our three experiences here were great- however not surprised at all by it's demise....if they'd been in southtown or a more culinarily adventurous neighborhood would have probably done better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio