Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-12-2017, 07:47 PM

948 posts, read 1,842,281 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
Maybe the new owner can help them live up to the hype because I just don't get it.
Rep'd you for this. I agree 1000000%. I've never been impressed with this place. How/why it gets ranked up near the top, I'll never know. It's not bad but just not worthy of its ranking. There are much much better places.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2017, 11:04 PM

1,027 posts, read 1,500,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blizzrd View Post
Rep'd you for this. I agree 1000000%. I've never been impressed with this place. How/why it gets ranked up near the top, I'll never know. It's not bad but just not worthy of its ranking. There are much much better places.
I feel this way. It is certainly a "fun" place but the food is average at best.

Old 09-14-2017, 07:57 AM

6,707 posts, read 8,778,122 times
Madrids was doing something right all these years. They have been around longer than most non-fast food burger joints in town.

Of course there will always be a few people that think they are average but that is obviously not opinion of the majority just by glancing at the reviews.

Given the amount of positive reviews vs not so positive...it would be dumb of them to make any adjustments to satisfy the minority that aren't fans of their burgers.

Personally Madrids isn't my favorite burger joint but they never disappoint me either.

Old 09-14-2017, 11:33 AM

14,637 posts, read 35,036,574 times
They already said they weren't making any changes so those that don't care much for it will probably go as often as they did before, which is "hardly ever." Those that love it will likely go as often as they did before, too. Nobody really cares, honestly.

Old 09-14-2017, 06:01 PM

715 posts, read 1,356,705 times
According to reports, Ginos East has closed in Live Oak. Also closed the one down in Austin too. Looks like the Dallas location remains open which doesnt surprise me.

Old 09-14-2017, 06:32 PM

5,717 posts, read 18,925,997 times
Knowing Chris Madrid personally and professionally, the quality of the product has gone downhill dramatically. The last time I was there I was served a grease burger. It was never like that when Chris was alive. What's amusing, Chris used to bring new product to our office for feedback. Most everything on the menu had what we called The Keith Seal of Approval". Unfortunately, Keith is no longer with us either. Chris was a great guy and I hope his family is doing great. If you've never met Chris' wife, she is an identical twin to Shelly Long of the Cheers TV sitcom.

Old 09-15-2017, 11:57 AM

92 posts, read 160,252 times
Not surprised. I liked their Chicago Style Pizza. We knew going in that it would be an hour wait for them to cook the pizza. I don't think many people in this town are willing to wait that long. The place was not very busy and the location has been several different restaurants. Too bad it couldn't make it. It will probably be another terrible Tex-Mex restaurant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davi78239 View Post
According to reports, Ginos East has closed in Live Oak. Also closed the one down in Austin too. Looks like the Dallas location remains open which doesnt surprise me.

Old 09-15-2017, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by niembre View Post
Not surprised. I liked their Chicago Style Pizza. We knew going in that it would be an hour wait for them to cook the pizza. I don't think many people in this town are willing to wait that long. The place was not very busy and the location has been several different restaurants. Too bad it couldn't make it. It will probably be another terrible Tex-Mex restaurant.
Im hoping for no mexican. I honestly was cool when it was On The Border yrs back but im sure im in the minority here on that one.

Old 09-15-2017, 06:08 PM

So now that Pollo Tropical is no longer, where else can i get similar yellow rice and black beans??

Old 09-15-2017, 09:03 PM

1,038 posts, read 876,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davi78239 View Post
The only Ginos worth going to are the original East/West in Chicago
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio