Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-19-2016, 08:32 AM

89 posts, read 97,875 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paka View Post
Oh, I kinda like the idea of the reclining chairs AND the fact you can enjoy your meal while you watch...now hoping it is a decent menu!
Decent menu from santikos is hoping for alot. Just go to the draft house
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2016, 10:17 AM

1,807 posts, read 2,970,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thetowguy View Post
I will NEVER eat at another weisman place. The man stored his food in the bathroom of his restaurant. SICK

He also stored the meat of his other restaurant in the attic space. Sick just sick
I know this. I still his enjoy his food, best fries in town. I'll keep an eye on his health inspections.

Old 05-19-2016, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaka View Post
Really not a fan of Brown's, but excited about the falafels.
While his comments from a few years ago did stop me for a long time from visiting his establishments, he has always been very friendly to me whenever I stop by his coffee shop. While I prefer Merit or White Elephant, they are closed on Sunday and I'm not a big fan of Halcyon's coffee. If Brown is open early on Sunday, then I'll definitely stop by during my morning walk around the hood.

Old 05-19-2016, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXEX06 View Post
I know this. I still his enjoy his food, best fries in town. I'll keep an eye on his health inspections.
From this remark, any review you ever post I will do the opposite. I bet you like hot joy as well

Old 05-19-2016, 01:07 PM

50 posts, read 52,170 times
Quote:
While his comments from a few years ago did stop me for a long time from visiting his establishments, he has always been very friendly to me whenever I stop by his coffee shop. While I prefer Merit or White Elephant, they are closed on Sunday and I'm not a big fan of Halcyon's coffee. If Brown is open early on Sunday, then I'll definitely stop by during my morning walk around the hood.
Estate Coffee is now open on East Houston Street. Owned by ex-Brown employees. I love Brown for its simplicity (and I think they have one of the best cappuccinos), but for those of you who don't, check out Estate!

Old 05-19-2016, 01:19 PM

6,707 posts, read 8,778,122 times
Quote:
From this remark, any review you ever post I will do the opposite. I bet you like hot joy as well
Hot Joy is gross.

Old 05-19-2016, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Meh. II Sogno just got an A on their last health inspection report. I enjoy the cocktails at Hot Joy and their happy hour.

Old 05-19-2016, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Meh. II Sogno just got an A on their last health inspection report. I enjoy the cocktails at Hot Joy and their happy hour.
Guess they didnt find the meat storage area.

Go check out your hot joy health reviews, they have never passed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4n7ImS8AKyQ

Old 05-19-2016, 04:39 PM

4,307 posts, read 9,556,254 times
Quote:
I will NEVER eat at another weisman place. The man stored his food in the bathroom of his restaurant. SICK
While this was a violation, did you see the restroom in question? It was part of a boxcar and was HUGE, and the food was in a divided area. Technically it was the same room because the wall was not permanent, hence the violation, but not anywhere it could become contaminated in anyway.

Old 05-19-2016, 04:41 PM

4,307 posts, read 9,556,254 times
Quote:
Did he retract what he said?

I actually rarely drink coffee when out, as I have much better coffee at home . I tend to drink iced tea at coffee shops, so a new coffee shop doesn't excite me that much. I'd rather have an actual store, where I can get stuff i might need...but I'll be glad that something is going in there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio