Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2008, 07:25 AM

1,051 posts, read 2,542,025 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXtrkgrl View Post
Our kid's school also has this feature. I love the fact that I can go online and see what they have been eating at school. I don't use the pay online because of the $2.50 convenience charge.
The other thing that is great is I get an email when their accounts get low, so I know when to send a check with them.
Is there a limit on how much you can pay at a time?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2008, 07:37 AM

3,111 posts, read 9,208,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckygreeniii View Post
Is there a limit on how much you can pay at a time?
No, there is no limit. Hey, you just gave me an idea though, I never really thought about it, but if I could afford to pay for a few months lunches at once that would be great. Thanks~

I usually send $40/month with each kid.

Old 04-10-2008, 07:48 AM

3,468 posts, read 8,555,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
Guess my son will still have to suffer the embarrassment of being negative--I can't for the life of me remember to send the check while he's still in the positive. At least they still feed him, though
sapphire, isn't your son in middle school? Our middle school (Luna) won't let them "charge". If there's no money in the account (or they don't have cash), they don't eat. Always makes me sad when I think about the kids that forget their lunch money (or the parents forget). I'd love to be able to at least check their account online! With 4 kids in 2 different school, it gets kinda crazy.

Old 04-10-2008, 12:33 PM

796 posts, read 3,049,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jules07 View Post
sapphire, isn't your son in middle school? Our middle school (Luna) won't let them "charge". If there's no money in the account (or they don't have cash), they don't eat. Always makes me sad when I think about the kids that forget their lunch money (or the parents forget). I'd love to be able to at least check their account online! With 4 kids in 2 different school, it gets kinda crazy.
Just think, this fall I will have 4 kids in 3 different schools!

Old 04-10-2008, 01:17 PM
cjw

125 posts, read 480,204 times
Towards the end of the school year be sure not to overpay. Our school doesn't issue refunds. They will keep it in the account for the next year but it's best to not overpay.

Old 04-10-2008, 01:35 PM

3,111 posts, read 9,208,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjw View Post
Towards the end of the school year be sure not to overpay. Our school doesn't issue refunds. They will keep it in the account for the next year but it's best to not overpay.
We had a thread about this a while back. Did anyone figure out if NISD automatically rolls the money over?

Last edited by TXtrkgrl; 04-10-2008 at 02:06 PM..

Old 04-10-2008, 01:39 PM

1,051 posts, read 2,542,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheermomof4girls View Post
I dont know how you do it! I will have one in school and am kind of a nervous wreck about it.

Old 04-10-2008, 04:07 PM

2,397 posts, read 6,456,621 times
I'm just http://bestsmileys.com/fainting/1.gif (broken link) knowing that some of you ladies have four kids! I thought having my two was hectic!

Old 04-10-2008, 04:20 PM

3,468 posts, read 8,555,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheermomof4girls View Post
Heh, I had 5 at 3 different schools until just recently! (Took my son out of Stevens HS and he's doing online independent study now.) It's definitely harder having that extra school thrown in there! OH, and I've homeschooled 5 in 5 different grades before (while having 2 that were not yet school age). Now that took some serious juggling! LOL!

Old 04-10-2008, 05:01 PM

3,216 posts, read 8,556,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXtrkgrl View Post
Our kid's school also has this feature. I love the fact that I can go online and see what they have been eating at school. I don't use the pay online because of the $2.50 convenience charge.
The other thing that is great is I get an email when their accounts get low, so I know when to send a check with them.

I wouldn't mind the $2 charge that My Lunch Money (NEISD) charges...BUT...the maximum amount that you can pay at a time is $50. I wanted to put in $100, just to lessen the impact of the fee.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio