Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2008, 03:56 PM

2,260 posts, read 5,615,743 times

Advertisements

I think I'm one of the drunks the people here all seem to despise.

My Fiesta "must do" list includes, in no particular order:

Arts and Craft Fair
Gartenfest
Miss Margaret's Victorian House Tour
NIOSA
River Arts Show
Battle of Flowers Parade
King William (get there early for the parade!)
Flambeau

I'm hoping to add the Mariachi Festival this year.

ETA: Yes, I take the week off work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2008, 04:00 PM

2,260 posts, read 5,615,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EJ4512 View Post
now in my early 20's love partying with my friends and drinking some beer HAHAH. I will be at Oyster Bake, NIOSA (College Night), Night Parade, King William, and Market. I dont mind the crowds or the drunks, cause im probably one of them !!!
Right there with ya, except I'm in my early 40s!

One of the things I love most about San Antonio is that there is always some fun going on somewhere.

Old 04-16-2008, 04:34 PM

394 posts, read 1,506,213 times
DH and I are definitely going to partake of a few activities. Especially since this will be the first "Fiesta" experience for us and we are S.A. newbies, we want to jump in and experience the community! We are used to big events as in Louisville we had the Kentucky Derby Festival which actually lasts about 2 weeks....plus Derby Day itself where there's 100,000 or so in attendance - one big party - and this sounds like just as much fun. (BTW...KY Derby is much more than 1 race! LOL)

Since we haven't ever been though and have no "tradition" to fall back on don't know exactly what we will do. The one thing that we wanted to do was the Battle of the Flowers Parade however DH will be out of town on business that day and I'm way to "chicken" to venture out alone in a crowd that big! Heck, wouldn't be as much fun anyway! So, I'm reading on here about what some of your favorite nites are and will pick 1 or 2 of those to attend. So what is "college night" at NIOSA? Is that where mostly college students attend etc.??

Old 04-16-2008, 04:38 PM

1,425 posts, read 3,314,921 times
Alamo Hts Night
Monticello Fiesta Home Tour
SW School of Arts/Crafts Fiesta Event
King William

Old 04-16-2008, 05:05 PM

140 posts, read 493,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KY Filly View Post
So what is "college night" at NIOSA? Is that where mostly college students attend etc.??
College Night is thursday night of NIOSA, where the crowd is mostly of a college aged crowd

Old 04-16-2008, 05:47 PM

1 posts, read 2,757 times
Yeah there are alot of intoxicated people. But there are sooooo many events. There is one for almost everyone walk of life.. It's alot of fun it you want it to be!!!

Old 04-16-2008, 06:06 PM

2,397 posts, read 6,455,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EJ4512 View Post
College Night is thursday night of NIOSA, where the crowd is mostly of a college aged crowd
With plenty of opportunity for groping! http://bestsmileys.com/expressions/9.gif (broken link)

Old 04-16-2008, 09:27 PM

4,307 posts, read 9,554,009 times
My favourite is Cornyation, but we likely won't go this year.

My kid will "help" decorate our 'hood's float for the King William Parade so we'll likely be there unless work pulls me away.

Old 04-26-2008, 09:36 PM

1,220 posts, read 2,681,363 times
Long Live Fiesta! It's what makes San Antonio unique and a FUN place to live!

Old 04-27-2008, 12:03 AM

1,241 posts, read 4,333,976 times
Boy are my dogs barking. My wife and I just got back after selling the past couple of days at the Parades. I think I scared a kid with down syndrome. I noticed he was sitting by himself pretty early in the day today so I went over and gave him a toy snake. (the kind that looks lifelike if you move it from side to side) As I glanced back a minute later I noticed he moved from his seat and went to a couple that may have been his parents and his mom was playing with the snake with the kid on the side of his dad.
I hope that later after explanation, he enjoyed the gift.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio