Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2020, 12:25 PM

6,471 posts, read 6,674,898 times

Advertisements

I lived in that area for a few years and LOVED IT! (Wish husband's job hadn't moved us away).
I lived in a beautiful neighborhood called Sundance Ranch, Boerne address but San Antonio schools. Back then homes ranged 400K to 800K. There is another fabulous neighborhood right next to that, just west, I can't think of what it's called, but the basketball player Tony Parker (and ex-wife Eva Longoria) have a house there. It may be too pricey for "upper middle class." Another neighborhood a tiny bit east and south of us, high on a hill, was the Parade of Homes neighborhood, in 2017 I think. It also is beautiful, homes starting around a million then. Also check out Fair Oaks Ranch, though it's a bit further north.

Overall you could get a lot of house for the money there, compared to most places I've lived.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2020, 12:33 PM

3,950 posts, read 3,004,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure110 View Post
From what I am hearing from those that still live in Hondo and keep in touch with, density is not so much the problem to be getting Covid-19 or Texas wouldn't have more cases/deaths than California.

It is the attitude towards applying prevention measures (mask, sanitizer, etc). Point is, people shouldn't flock to small towns like Hondo, Uvalde, etc for reduced exposure to Covid-19. People in small towns are less likely to follow the rules that could help reduce the case numbers.
The whole country has been wearing masks for months and it doesn't appear to have done anything as far as preventing covid.

Old 11-13-2020, 06:05 AM

2,295 posts, read 2,368,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayanne View Post
I lived in that area for a few years and LOVED IT! (Wish husband's job hadn't moved us away).
I lived in a beautiful neighborhood called Sundance Ranch, Boerne address but San Antonio schools. Back then homes ranged 400K to 800K. There is another fabulous neighborhood right next to that, just west, I can't think of what it's called, but the basketball player Tony Parker (and ex-wife Eva Longoria) have a house there. It may be too pricey for "upper middle class." Another neighborhood a tiny bit east and south of us, high on a hill, was the Parade of Homes neighborhood, in 2017 I think. It also is beautiful, homes starting around a million then. Also check out Fair Oaks Ranch, though it's a bit further north.

Overall you could get a lot of house for the money there, compared to most places I've lived.
Believe the neighborhood you mention is Anaqua Springs.

Old 11-13-2020, 07:59 AM

6,706 posts, read 8,775,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supfromthesite View Post
The whole country has been wearing masks for months and it doesn't appear to have done anything as far as preventing covid.
I wasn't really talking about just masks. It takes more than just that. Also I was talking about more in terms of reduction of cases rather than preventing covid all together.

Bottom line is there is a false sense of security in the small towns when it comes to Covid. Many don't even think it exists.

Old 11-13-2020, 08:13 AM

6,471 posts, read 6,674,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXStrat View Post
Believe the neighborhood you mention is Anaqua Springs.
Yes, I thought of the name later. I don't know if there is anything to be had there for "only" a million or two, but I know some of the homes are several million. Too rich for my blood!

Old 11-13-2020, 08:13 AM

133 posts, read 80,360 times
Quote:
From what I am hearing from those that still live in Hondo and keep in touch with, density is not so much the problem to be getting Covid-19 or Texas wouldn't have more cases/deaths than California.

It is the attitude towards applying prevention measures (mask, sanitizer, etc). Point is, people shouldn't flock to small towns like Hondo, Uvalde, etc for reduced exposure to Covid-19. People in small towns are less likely to follow the rules that could help reduce the case numbers.
This is the most ignorant thing I have read today. Good thing we live in America where people can move to wherever they want, small town or not. It is painfully obvious you have no idea about small town life (or life in general) and in your mind they're probably all hillbilly, backward folk with an 8th grade education. How would you know that most of these people don't even think Covid exists? Pathetic logic.

Old 11-13-2020, 08:25 AM

https://www.expressnews.com/news/loc...r-15046039.php

This neighborhood?

Old 11-13-2020, 08:30 AM

2,382 posts, read 3,500,346 times
Quote:
I wasn't really talking about just masks. It takes more than just that. Also I was talking about more in terms of reduction of cases rather than preventing covid all together.

Bottom line is there is a false sense of security in the small towns when it comes to Covid. Many don't even think it exists.
I don't know about that.
My son and I went to Pedernales Falls State Park last week. On the way home, we stopped at the Hill Country Cupboard in Johnson City for a bite to eat. ( excellent btw )
You had to call the restaurant from the parking lot to see if they have room for you first. The waitress met us at the door to make sure we had masks on. Tables were spread apart and all the employees wore masks. The menu, you had to download on your phone via a Q code on your table, to avoid contact from a regular menu.
I have yet to run across measures such as this in SA.
Not everyone that lives in a small town is an uneducated country bumpkin. Your observations may vary.

Old 11-13-2020, 08:37 AM

Same here. We ate at the Gristmill a few weeks ago. Same scenario. Download the menu, masks everywhere even on the patio, tables spread way apart. That is just an ignorant statement and trust me that person will hear about it. Country, small town people are hard working and salt of the Earth people. Majority of them. Bottom line!

Old 11-13-2020, 09:14 AM

6,706 posts, read 8,775,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txtea View Post
I don't know about that.
My son and I went to Pedernales Falls State Park last week. On the way home, we stopped at the Hill Country Cupboard in Johnson City for a bite to eat. ( excellent btw )
You had to call the restaurant from the parking lot to see if they have room for you first. The waitress met us at the door to make sure we had masks on. Tables were spread apart and all the employees wore masks. The menu, you had to download on your phone via a Q code on your table, to avoid contact from a regular menu.
I have yet to run across measures such as this in SA.
Not everyone that lives in a small town is an uneducated country bumpkin. Your observations may vary.
Well if your more recent trips out to the country make your observations have you feeling more correct with the situation on hand, then so be it. I actually have two members of my family on my father's side die from Covid now, both from Hondo. This is very recent too so perhaps they are getting reality checks all over, including the restaurants.

I don't really dine in Hondo (or in any of the small town restaurants) anymore unless it is Herman Sons. I need to get back out there soon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio