Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2008, 07:10 PM

4,147 posts, read 8,001,120 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primo View Post
Hello....Woodstone Drive...(between DeZavala and Hueber)...that entire complex was converted into section 8. It is a hive of criminal activity.
Haha their also section 8 at Babcock and De Zavala and then about a half mile further. The makes three hives served by this one NICE HEB.

Old 05-20-2008, 07:20 PM

2,027 posts, read 7,024,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryneone View Post
Haha their also section 8 at Babcock and De Zavala and then about a half mile further. The makes three hives served by this one NICE HEB.
On which corner is the section 8 housing? There is a student apartment complex and numerous middle-class housing. Also a brand new subdivision and elementary school are u/c. The area South of Prue Rd. is served by the HEB at Babcock/Huebner, not the DeZavala HEB.

Old 05-20-2008, 07:37 PM

933 posts, read 1,978,444 times
In the spirit of posts that will most likely be deleted, namely mine, this thread is now just all jacked up. What started out as information about "HEY FOLKS BE CAREFUL OUT THERE!" is now so far off topic the thread should just be closed...or outright deleted.

Old 05-20-2008, 07:52 PM

2,397 posts, read 6,455,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smuboy86 View Post
I shop at Oak Park HEB and no problems there.
Awww...my fave HEB!

Old 05-20-2008, 08:16 PM

4,147 posts, read 8,001,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgannaway89 View Post
On which corner is the section 8 housing? There is a student apartment complex and numerous middle-class housing. Also a brand new subdivision and elementary school are u/c. The area South of Prue Rd. is served by the HEB at Babcock/Huebner, not the DeZavala HEB.
The one that raps around the CVS.

Old 05-20-2008, 08:18 PM

14,637 posts, read 35,026,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spamatdan View Post
In the spirit of posts that will most likely be deleted, namely mine, this thread is now just all jacked up. What started out as information about "HEY FOLKS BE CAREFUL OUT THERE!" is now so far off topic the thread should just be closed...or outright deleted.

This is how we roll over here, most days. What starts out as one thing ends up at the other end of the spectrum. Remember junior high, when you played "Gossip"--Jimmy has really big ears turns into Jimmy drinks gallons of green beer.

Yeah, it's sort of like that, in a way. If you posted more often, you'd know that.

Old 05-20-2008, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
This is how we roll over here, most days. What starts out as one thing ends up at the other end of the spectrum. Remember junior high, when you played "Gossip"--Jimmy has really big ears turns into Jimmy drinks gallons of green beer.

Yeah, it's sort of like that, in a way. If you posted more often, you'd know that.
Oh, but of course!

I felt the need to gripe something constructive, so there was my contribution! LMAO

I must be a bit jaded after growing up on the mean streets of Los Angeles.

Anybody getting thwonked on the head would not even have been a blip on the news...unless the family (insert extreme sarcasm here) took out an ad in the paper.

And yes, my dear Sapphire, I do need to post more often...so I guess I will get on a roll now.

Old 05-20-2008, 08:35 PM

14,637 posts, read 35,026,845 times
See, that's how you know SA is relatively safe--when stuff like this (thank God) is not so run-of-the-mill that people no longer care. I'm sure a lot of folks are worried, mad, disgusted, and yes, even afraid. We really need to nip this type of crap in the bud! It's not acceptable.

Old 05-20-2008, 08:41 PM

1,366 posts, read 4,487,306 times
yes, woodstone apts are completely section 8 now --- phase 1 and phase 2 --- dh works p/t at SAHA as one of their security officers and has often had to go out to this complex to sit there and babysit the apt. manager due to death threats from gang bangers/katrina victims that are upset at being evicted due to being busted with drugs ---

isn't the apt complex that wraps around CVS brand new??? i'm surprised those are section 8 --- they look pretty nice ---

Old 05-20-2008, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
See, that's how you know SA is relatively safe--when stuff like this (thank God) is not so run-of-the-mill that people no longer care. I'm sure a lot of folks are worried, mad, disgusted, and yes, even afraid. We really need to nip this type of crap in the bud! It's not acceptable.
Eggsactly!!! Hence my whole throw the book at her...or...he/she/it as the case may be.

I still need to tear off some of this thick skin, for on the rare occasions I do watch the news I say out loud (ask the missus...she will tell you)...wow, slow news day in SA...Somebody got their foot run over and its on the news.

All sarcasm aside, I am actually surprised how nicely a city of 1,000,000 plus people get along so nicely in the sandbox...mostly...just a few bad eggs, but you find that pretty much everywhere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio