Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2022, 09:08 PM

1,038 posts, read 876,275 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRedneck View Post
Good news - employment in a higher-tech manufacturing company will give a lot of young folks a reason to stay in SA.
Perhaps, but only if it doesn't pay for crap like most jobs in SA.

Otherwise, they will continue to leave once they can. I don't blame them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2022, 09:59 PM

3,950 posts, read 3,007,169 times
Don't you think cost of living mostly makes up for it?

Old 11-27-2022, 08:05 AM

7,130 posts, read 11,838,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBaby View Post
Perhaps, but only if it doesn't pay for crap like most jobs in SA.

Otherwise, they will continue to leave once they can. I don't blame them.
Wow - so knowing nothing about the wages, you're already down on them?

Old 11-27-2022, 08:15 AM

6,707 posts, read 8,780,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRedneck View Post
Wow - so knowing nothing about the wages, you're already down on them?
I agree. It is too early to speculate on the wages but I am sure they will be in line with the COL of San Antonio.

Elon Musk/Tesla isn't known to offer unnecessary perks though.

Old 11-27-2022, 08:21 AM

I’m pretty sure people leave San Antonio mostly because they find it boring compared to Dallas, Houston, even Austin.

Never heard somebody say wages is the reason. With the lower COL here it seems like if all you worried about is money, your money still go further in SA.

Old 11-27-2022, 08:27 AM

6,707 posts, read 8,780,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supfromthesite View Post
I’m pretty sure people leave San Antonio mostly because they find it boring compared to Dallas, Houston, even Austin.

Never heard somebody say wages is the reason. With the lower COL here it seems like if all you worried about is money, your money still go further in SA.
The problem with the COL here in San Antonio is when some people move here, they want to retain the salary they were getting elsewhere which is likely much higher. COL means nothing to greedy people.

Old 11-27-2022, 10:39 AM

9,851 posts, read 13,701,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure110 View Post
The problem with the COL here in San Antonio is when some people move here, they want to retain the salary they were getting elsewhere which is likely much higher. COL means nothing to greedy people.
That’s most places. I have a friend who was working for Apple, remotely, and Gad his salary decreased from moving from Austin to Houston.

Old 11-27-2022, 03:57 PM

3,281 posts, read 1,415,606 times
Quote:

You think? My experience is that 90% of your life is pretty much the same regardless of where you live. You get up, drive to work, put in 8 hours, drive home. Take the kids to ballet and baseball after school. Come home, eat dinner, go to bed. Weekends go to the grocery store, play golf with your buddies, go out to dinner with the family, etc. I mean San Antonio isn’t LA, Chicago, or NYC, but don’t you think it has all the commensurate necessities to have an attractive lifestyle?

Old 11-27-2022, 05:48 PM

For families yes. I think a lot of people that grow up and move away in their 20s or in college end up coming here to raise a family. It is not the most exciting place to be post-grad though.

Old 11-27-2022, 06:35 PM

9,895 posts, read 6,595,852 times
Quote:
For families yes. I think a lot of people that grow up and move away in their 20s or in college end up coming here to raise a family. It is not the most exciting place to be post-grad though.
I mean. To. Be fair, Texas cities in general aren’t known for being super exciting places. I honestly sometimes wonder what holds San Antonio back from having the same business success as the other 3 Texas cities.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio