Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2008, 02:45 PM

2,397 posts, read 6,457,187 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jules07 View Post
Is the house you're talking about QT the one on Ruiz? It sure doesn't look like 3000sqft from the pics on mysa.com!!! But cute as can be!!!
That'd be the one, Jules! I only saw one pic on a realtor website. Did they have more pics on mysa? Never mind...I'm gonna go look.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2008, 02:46 PM

3,468 posts, read 8,556,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanAntoQT View Post
That'd be the one, Jules! I only saw one pic on a realtor website. Did they have more pics on mysa? Never mind...I'm gonna go look.
I only saw 2 ~ front and back views. I'll go to the other 'puter and check on MLS.......

(edit ~ heh, oops! Forgot that I can't right now. "Other" computer is the kids pc, and it was "taken away" last night for them leaving their space trashed. Otherhalf put away the keyboard and mouse. Gotta wait 'till I can ask him where it's at. LOL!!)

Old 06-18-2008, 03:03 PM

3,111 posts, read 9,209,594 times
being nosey here sorry, can't help myself .
I checked it out on bcad. try that too.

Old 06-18-2008, 03:09 PM

Good idea, TXtrkgrl!

Old 06-18-2008, 03:10 PM

3,468 posts, read 8,556,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanAntoQT View Post
Good idea, TXtrkgrl!
Yep, she's the smart one!!!!

Old 06-18-2008, 03:13 PM

3,111 posts, read 9,209,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jules07 View Post
Yep, she's the smart one!!!!
haha~ you just don't know me! Just wait til I can make a M&G, then you'll know the truth .

Sorry, back on topic. I do like the quaint neighborhood and it would be nice to be able to actually walk someplace. Heck even my mailbox is 1/2 mile from my house (down my driveway) ugh!

Old 06-18-2008, 04:06 PM

4,263 posts, read 10,825,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXtrkgrl View Post
haha~ you just don't know me! Just wait til I can make a M&G, then you'll know the truth .

Sorry, back on topic. I do like the quaint neighborhood and it would be nice to be able to actually walk someplace. Heck even my mailbox is 1/2 mile from my house (down my driveway) ugh!
Yeah...but I bet it's quiet at night...and you have all the privacy you want.

Old 06-18-2008, 11:38 PM

2,743 posts, read 14,296,788 times
The 3000 sf house was probably added on to in back. I'm thinkin'. Or maybe a converted attic? Ours has that potential, not sure if we'll ever have the money but i'd love to convert the attic here!

I used bcad extensively when house hunting but they're sf numbers can be way off. Mine was. When we had the appraisal I was surprised that we had 300 sf more than the listing and bcad had stated.

I've also found that mysa.com will have more pics for listings than realtor.com, or better yet, the realtor website (well sometimes)..... I can't understand why there aren't more pics on real estate websites in the 1st place.

Old 06-19-2008, 12:49 PM

Fierce...thanks for the pics you sent. I forwarded them to the SO and he discovered they are Cisneros rehabs. Apparently, American Sunrise is buying up properties, making improvements, then attempting to sell them as a way of revitalizing the neighborhood. However, one of the house on W. Houston has been on the market for two years. I'm wondering if they're asking for too much.

BTW...SO says for you to stay on your side of Zarzamora! *lol*

Old 06-19-2008, 03:49 PM

222 posts, read 706,732 times
I like that neighborhood!! It reminds me a little of Beacon Hill, too. I'm not sure that Beacon hill is quite as nice (the areas with the older homes). We always joke that Beacon Hill is the "Ghetto of Monte Vista" since it's so close and the homes are so similar but there are so few that are well kept. It just takes a few people to have your attitude though. We have friends who live there. If it weren't for the few houses that should be leveled and the alcoholics that serenade you as you drive by on every other corner (it happened to me today! mid day, in the heat - he was outside with a bottle of jack daniels!) it wouldn't be so bad! ;-P

If more people felt the way you do about your "hood" maybe more areas of SA would be nicer .

Too many mamas letting their "mijos" live at home and ruin the neighborhood for everyone.

"I know mijo has a gun but he'd never use it".
"I know mijos music is loud but it makes him happy. . . "
"I know mijos pants are below his butt but it's HOT outside"

OH no. . . that's a whole nutha thread!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio