Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2008, 02:08 AM

14 posts, read 67,441 times

Advertisements

Hello from a fellow Virginian transplant! I just moved here from Virginia Beach a couple weeks ago after being offered a job here. If you've been to VB, you can expect a similar vibe in San Antonio; at least that's my experience the almost two months I've been here. As far as traffic goes, it's nothing compared to the northern VA or DC area, or even down in VB. I should know; I used to visit relatives living up there every few months.

According to some websites that I did research on before moving, housing is about 130% cheaper, and I'd say that seems pretty accurate. There are tons of affordable apartments around, and I can give you the number of the apartment hunter I used to get mine, but I'm living in the NW part of town (Medical Center area, 78229), and I don't know if they mark their territories or not. Expect to pay around $600 to $700 for a pretty good 1 BR apt. As far as moving in the same day, it's possible if you get a real early start, but I'd spend at least a day being driven around by the apt. hunter to check places out. Don't hesitate too long if you find a place you really like; it seems that apts. are getting snatched up faster than usual this summer. Well, good luck on the move!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2008, 04:13 AM

10 posts, read 20,303 times
Most of the area is good, however there are some "pockets" that are a bit undesirable. When you find a house, be sure to drive in the area at least 4 times. Twice during the week and twice during the weekend am & pm. This will give you a good idea of how the neighborhood is.

When you pay us a visit, travel down 35 N towards Austin. You will find the Forum, a great place to find any shop you can think of. Across from there is the Verizon Theatre. A great place to see your favorite artists.

Best Wishes!

Old 08-21-2008, 02:34 PM

993 posts, read 2,491,376 times
So I know when I am making my way there. Is it possible to get a apartment site unseen or in a few days? I would like to be in the northeast area east of the Airport. Do you guys have some extended stay places around there, or apartments that are furnished?

Old 08-21-2008, 02:35 PM

413 posts, read 1,404,913 times
There are quite a few places that are extended stay or furnished apartments. I don't know of any on the top of my head, but I do know there are some that are not far from the airport and some that are in the northeastern area.

I found this link maybe this will help you start with your search:

http://san-antonio-extended-stay.biz-stay.com/home.cfm

Last edited by dangeruscurves; 08-21-2008 at 02:37 PM.. Reason: found link

Old 08-21-2008, 03:00 PM

Thanks man.

Old 08-25-2008, 04:49 PM

35 posts, read 156,780 times
When I moved here from VA, I found my apartment online at apartmentguide.com
The pictures can be a little misleading...
Also check the community out at apartmentratings.com

Old 08-25-2008, 10:44 PM

32 posts, read 115,197 times
I will probably begin to sound like a broken record, but try the advanced search on apartments.com. Again, you can put in your own criteria and get an idea of what's available, the locations, price range, etc. Try this:

Northeast San Antonio*Texas Apartment Rental | Apartments for Rent in Northeast San Antonio*TX (http://www.apartments.com/Texas/SouthCentralTexas/SanAntonio&Vicinity/NortheastSanAntonio - broken link)

Good luck.

Old 09-05-2008, 02:55 PM

Thanks dude. Not much time left

Old 11-24-2008, 10:09 AM

So when are we going to meet up? I only know a few people here. Who likes going to Spurs games?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio