Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2008, 11:00 AM

317 posts, read 1,751,227 times

Advertisements

Someone had a hand written Boycott HEB Today! sign up along the road right before the intersection of Huebner and Bandera... anyone know what that's about?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2008, 11:01 AM

14,637 posts, read 35,032,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmmjsm View Post
Someone had a hand written Boycott HEB Today! sign up along the road right before the intersection of Huebner and Bandera... anyone know what that's about?
Haha, I bet I know who she is.

Old 07-22-2008, 11:02 AM

13,815 posts, read 29,392,256 times
might be related to them closing that one down on Presa (or somewhere around there). I saw them protesting on the news yesterday. Too bad they don't boycott walmart, I support that one every day.

Old 07-22-2008, 11:37 AM

14,637 posts, read 35,032,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CreekKnoll View Post
Same here. F Walmart!
LOL their sales are way up in these tight times.

Old 07-22-2008, 11:43 AM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 38,111,983 times
I think the Huebner/NW Military store and the store on Lockhill-Selma/NW Military are both closing when the Alon store opens. The boycotter may be annoyed to be losing that store on Huebner.

Old 07-22-2008, 11:48 AM

4,147 posts, read 8,002,235 times
It has to do with the HEB on Babcock and Huebner I think. As there is another right before heading to HEB on Huebner going westbound.

It might be our little grocery store voyeurs group we have that HEB!

Old 07-22-2008, 11:58 AM

4,796 posts, read 15,367,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryneone View Post
It has to do with the HEB on Babcock and Huebner I think. As there is another right before heading to HEB on Huebner going westbound.

It might be our little grocery store voyeurs group we have that HEB!
HEB stalkers??? Peeping at produce? Molesting meat? what has happened to this town?

Boycotting a store because it's going to move??? That's a good tactic to keep them in the neighborhood!

Seriously.....anyone know what they are boycotting?

I say boycott the Lincoln Heights store until they finish their REMODELING! OMG....I was lucky to find the pharmacy.....let alone anything that was on my shopping list yesterday! And the cashier sheepishly asked me if I found everything alright? LOL!!!!! I didn't answer.

Old 07-22-2008, 12:12 PM

1,740 posts, read 5,745,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowie View Post
I think the Huebner/NW Military store and the store on Lockhill-Selma/NW Military are both closing when the Alon store opens. The boycotter may be annoyed to be losing that store on Huebner.
I wondered if that would happen. That will really leave the Lockhill-Selma/NW Military location looking like a run down strip center with a big anchor tenant gone. That area really has gone down hill in the past few years. When Michaels left and the entire center was repainted the horrid colors it is now - the area took a very bad turn in the wrong direction.

Basically you have a very nice intersection at West and NW military and at NW military and Wurzbach Parkway...but the Lockhill/NW Military intersection in between looks terrible.

Old 07-22-2008, 12:30 PM

46 posts, read 151,538 times
Maybe a CD Forum poster upset that they are opening a 2-story HEB in Austin?

Old 07-22-2008, 12:40 PM

122 posts, read 512,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banker View Post
I wondered if that would happen. That will really leave the Lockhill-Selma/NW Military location looking like a run down strip center with a big anchor tenant gone. That area really has gone down hill in the past few years. When Michaels left and the entire center was repainted the horrid colors it is now - the area took a very bad turn in the wrong direction.

Basically you have a very nice intersection at West and NW military and at NW military and Wurzbach Parkway...but the Lockhill/NW Military intersection in between looks terrible.
The color is HORRID! I couldn't believe it. I really wanted to call the management company and ask what they were thinking. Its just such an ugly and weird color.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio