Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Thread summary:

Moving to San Antonio for job transfer, low income, bad credit, unpaid medical bills, seeking information on housing in country, inexpensive, safe

Old 08-11-2008, 01:58 PM

1 posts, read 2,175 times

Advertisements

OH DEAR GOD I NEED HELP! please anyone out there that lives in or around san antonio. i am in tears ! my husbands company want him to move to S.A. asap! they are helping very little moniterily except for paying for the move. we still have a house here in houston to sell, like thats really gonna happen. But i know nothing about the s.a. area except thats its beautiful and hilly. So.....here's the situation.......we have terible credit because of outragous medical bills that we cant pay ( ive been in the hospital most of the last year ) we also don't make alot of money. is there somewhere on the outskirts that is cheap, SAFE, pretty ???????? we also want to live out in the country, nothing that feels like a big city, we will want to rent at first so we can figure out where we finally want to settle. PLEASE HELP WITH ANY ADVICE, I AM NEAR A NERVOUS BREAKDOWN !!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2008, 09:03 AM

141 posts, read 508,604 times
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

" is there somewhere on the outskirts that is cheap, SAFE, pretty ???????? we also want to live out in the country, nothing that feels like a big city, we will want to rent at first so we can figure out where we finally want to settle. PLEASE HELP WITH ANY ADVICE, I AM NEAR A NERVOUS BREAKDOWN !!!!"

http://Houses.ClassifiedAds.com/Rent)

hope that link helps...and honestly it is hard to tell what is cheap, SAFE and accessible. especially since those quaint little places outside of town are now skyhigh in cost. honestly, unless you "know someone who knows someone" you're going to have a hard time finding something in the country as fast as it sounds like you need it, and that is affordable. i would recommend trying to find an affordable apartment first to get established here and if you need to stay longer than a year or so, THEN make the move to a house in the country. i know you seem to know what you want, but if your stay here is short term, why risk throwing all of your resources towards something that may not be longterm and then you have to start from scratch again wherever you go. that's just my $.02. good luck and best to you in your search!

Last edited by rexkwandosatx; 08-12-2008 at 09:04 AM.. Reason: too long

Old 08-12-2008, 02:26 PM

4,796 posts, read 15,369,172 times
OK....it will be alright. I'm sorry about your illness. You have a lot on your plate. You sort of threw a lot out there without specifics.

Do you have kids? price range? size needed? aren't those things a little more important than the area being pretty? I'm not meaning to sound flippant....but I hear panic in your post and I'm trying to help you sort things a little logically.

You want to rent a house, condo or apt? Let's take one step at a time....I'm sure someone will be able to point you in the right direction.

Old 08-13-2008, 06:13 AM

8,399 posts, read 22,992,062 times
First and foremost, you need to calm down. Panicking will not accomplish anything. Compose yourself and address each problem individually, and you will get through this…

Secondly, you are not moving to the moon! San Antonio has numerous services that can help you out, so you will not be on your own here. There are agencies that can help you with housing and your other needs. There is a lot of housing available here and some of it is subsidized, and depending on where you husband will be working, you might be able to find what you are looking for within your price range. San Antonio really doesn’t have that “big city feel” to it anywhere, many people consider this just to be a large small town.

Plus we have great medical facilities here, so you should not worry about health care just because you are moving here.

Thirdly, as I worked medical billing on numerous occasions in my life, you can keep medical debt from impacting your credit by working with the agencies where that debt lies. I used to help people in your same exact situation and we always found a way where they prevented their debt from impacting their credit. You need to contact the credit agencies handling your situation and come up with a plan to address your medical bills. The worse thing you can do is let them overwhelm you.

Again, try to relax and concentrate on what you need to do. Having moved numerous times throughout my adult life, many times overseas, I know it can be stressful but the only way through it is to get yourself organized and accomplish the things that need to be accomplished.

Best of luck to you!

Cheers! M2

Old 08-13-2008, 09:09 PM

4,796 posts, read 15,369,172 times
Hellllloooo!!!! Guess you found someplace????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio