Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-17-2008, 12:36 PM

348 posts, read 1,223,163 times

Advertisements

Someone hit our rear fender on our SUV last night when we were out eating in the restaurant and drove off....didn't care to assume RESPONSIBILITY for the damages!

What makes me mad is that a few years back, I had a similar experience where I had bumped someone's car in a restaurant parking lot and I DID REPORT it and paid for the damages.

That is why this situation makes me even more frustrated and adds more cynicism to my attitude about people that don't appreciate other's property (ie. vandalism, theft, hit and run, etc)! Argh!

Last edited by GoTexan; 08-17-2008 at 01:31 PM.. Reason: spelling ;)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2008, 12:51 PM

114,838 posts, read 65,858,453 times
I feel your pain. This has got to be the "Hit and Run" capital of the planet! Lack of respect , jealousy, stupidity who knows the reasons. Why have a nice paint job when some jerk is gonna walk along side and run a 3 ft. scratch down it. Third world mentality! Wild west! There should be a lot more than a slap on the wrist for these jerks. Regardless of private property or on the road flee-ers!

Old 08-17-2008, 01:47 PM

3,503 posts, read 19,892,818 times
So many people in SA or is it Texas, do not have any car insurance. I've had 2 crashes in the past...last one 5 years ago, and both times I had to use my uninsured protection becasue they did not have insurance. One ran and was never found, the other got a ticket and drove away. I asked the cop why he was allowed to drive off in an unisured car. The cop just shrugged. I had to watch a tow truck take my car away and get a cab home. Talk about mad at the system and the irresponsible people!!!!!!
Your lucky it is just a ding, but it hurts just as much. The irresponsible people are what boils my potatoes.

Old 08-17-2008, 03:09 PM

348 posts, read 1,223,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaneSA View Post
So many people in SA or is it Texas, do not have any car insurance. I've had 2 crashes in the past...last one 5 years ago, and both times I had to use my uninsured protection becasue they did not have insurance. One ran and was never found, the other got a ticket and drove away. I asked the cop why he was allowed to drive off in an unisured car. The cop just shrugged. I had to watch a tow truck take my car away and get a cab home. Talk about mad at the system and the irresponsible people!!!!!!
Your lucky it is just a ding, but it hurts just as much. The irresponsible people are what boils my potatoes.

You potatoes are boiling, my gears are grinding and my fender looks like it took a hit from Jennie Finch!

I think the worst place in TX is Laredo, honestly. They drive like mad down there, even man and woman for themselves! oh and the ratio of insured vehicles to non-insured is horrible.

I have to travel down there for work about once every 4wks and was just there on Friday and had 2 people almost hit me, you have to drive EXTRA defensively in Laredo. I think the problem is that most just don't care about your property (your vehicle), the mentallity is to move out of the way or you get hit.

I wonder how long it will be before SA is like that?

Old 08-17-2008, 04:07 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,400,668 times
had this same thing happen to my last car when it was two days old. My wife was fairly certain who it was, but the cow driving the Suburban wouldn't take responsibility and the POS cop was too lazy to get out of his car. I think that was the point that pushed me over the edge on this city.

Old 08-17-2008, 04:11 PM

265 posts, read 1,191,037 times
I have heard there are a lot of uninsured drivers in SA

Old 08-17-2008, 05:02 PM

14,637 posts, read 35,042,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by motown mary View Post
I have heard there are a lot of uninsured drivers in SA
Yes, we've all heard that.

Old 08-17-2008, 06:12 PM

8,399 posts, read 22,996,643 times
According to this 2006 article (when the towing policy for lack of insurance went into effect), SAPD issues about 59,000 insurance citations annually. Between that local law, and the database verification program which started this summer and which will hopefully be statewide by the end of the year; hopefully those numbers will drop...

Cheers! M2
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio