Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2008, 04:04 PM

103 posts, read 269,962 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
No one really cares where they get it. We care where they spray it. It's really irrelevant what brand, what store, what color, heat-resistant, flourescent, you get the idea. We just don't want it all over our neighborhoods.

The kid that messed up South San is facing a felony!
Police Use Handwriting Samples to Catch Graffiti Vandal | WOAI.COM: San Antonio News

Don't read the ads on that link to WOAI!!
Amen to that! Who cares where they get the paint? Does it matter? The fact of the matter is that these hoodlums are getting it from somewhere and defacing any blank space they find.

That little snot should be strung up by his thumbs and spraypainted along with his parents! Only for the fact that he is 17 and still under parental charge, do I include them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2008, 06:24 PM

3,060 posts, read 7,429,087 times
Well said, Sapphire!

Old 10-17-2008, 10:37 PM

4,796 posts, read 15,379,867 times
Triple ditto ....

This is GOOD news.
Quote:
“Bottom line is this: our superintendent and our administration have a zero tolerance,” explained SouthSan ISD spokesman Ed Suarez. “To be honest, we don't have any sympathy for him.”

Under Texas law, graffiti on a school can be prosecuted as a felony.
Kudos for Ed Suarez!

Old 10-17-2008, 10:51 PM

504 posts, read 1,458,502 times
so instead of assisting them in the issue, we should just sit back and let them deal with it? maybe the officers dont know where some of these materials come from themselves. it is san antonio and it is very new for them in that aspect.

Old 10-17-2008, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quest51210 View Post
so instead of assisting them in the issue, we should just sit back and let them deal with it? maybe the officers dont know where some of these materials come from themselves. it is san antonio and it is very new for them in that aspect.
Why does it matter where the materials are coming from? Whether they get the paint legally or illegally, the effects are the same.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by " it is san antonio and it is very new for them in that aspect." Please elaborate.

Old 10-17-2008, 11:09 PM

find the paint sellers, the kids drag their parents in to buy there and 9 times out of 10 the kids come out and part ways with the parent. i guarantee you that 90% of those kids tag something up within a 1 mile radius of the place they purchased it from. go do the research and you will see it for yourself.

if you sat in front of a montana dealer and waited outside across the street or near the closest bus stop you would witness the same kid that walked out of the shop 2 minutes ago tagging the bus stop. its just their nature, but you may be right. what i have seen and know as fact may be too hard for others to comprehend.

why not educate the parents as they walk into the shop? bet that would cut back some of it. some kids have a knack of suckering their folks into thinking its for "art class" or a "project". white, black, latino, asian, i have seen them all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoTxTwistr View Post
Why does it matter where the materials are coming from? Whether they get the paint legally or illegally, the effects are the same.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by " it is san antonio and it is very new for them in that aspect." Please elaborate.

Old 10-17-2008, 11:13 PM

Quote:
find the paint sellers, the kids drag their parents in to buy there and 9 times out of 10 the kids come out and part ways with the parent. i guarantee you that 90% of those kids tag something up within a 1 mile radius of the place they purchased it from. go do the research and you will see it for yourself.

if you sat in front of a montana dealer and waited outside across the street or near the closest bus stop you would witness the same kid that walked out of the shop 2 minutes ago tagging the bus stop. its just their nature, but you may be right. what i have seen and know as fact may be too hard for others to comprehend.

why not educate the parents as they walk into the shop? bet that would cut back some of it. some kids have a knack of suckering their folks into thinking its for "art class" or a "project". white, black, latino, asian, i have seen them all.
Ok...so, if you know all this and, judging from other posts, you have connections in law enforcement, why hasn't anything been done?

Old 10-17-2008, 11:17 PM

4,796 posts, read 15,379,867 times
Quote:

I thought you were "mentoring" kids. If you are seeing them, why are you not over there grabbing them by the collar and jerking a knot in their tail instead of watching juves of every color and race walk by and deface more property?

Their parents might be thinking it's for "art" class because of these "reformed" graffiti artists out there making a living after learning their craft vandalizing property. What a great role model for these wannabe thugs/artists! They look up to those who got "community service" in "art schools" after destroying property! Yes....that's a much better plan!

Old 10-17-2008, 11:17 PM

because i personally like some of the art they do. now, i do a graffiti wipeout once a month on my own with my association members and actually have had some of these taggers out with us to clean up.

i have methods and since none of those establishments are in my area it does not bother me, but alot of people in the northwest, northside, and northeast have these establishments. if they want to change the environment around them they should.

i did on one hand put enough pressure on a "headshop" down the street from me that opened up and was selling bongs, rolling papers, and xxx dvd's/paint. after about 3 months with me hounding them and SAPD hounding them they closed.

Old 10-17-2008, 11:21 PM

Quote:
because i personally like some of the art they do. now, i do a graffiti wipeout once a month on my own with my association members and actually have had some of these taggers out with us to clean up.

i have methods and since none of those establishments are in my area it does not bother me, but alot of people in the northwest, northside, and northeast have these establishments. if they want to change the environment around them they should.

i did on one hand put enough pressure on a "headshop" down the street from me that opened up and was selling bongs, rolling papers, and xxx dvd's/paint. after about 3 months with me hounding them and SAPD hounding them they closed.
Ah...ok...NIMBY.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio