Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-09-2012, 07:37 AM

5 posts, read 19,348 times

Advertisements

I recently have been having issues with my Honda's A/C system and have to have the whole thing replaced. I managed to find all the parts much cheaper online than anywhere locally, but now I need the work done. Are there any places around here with good reviews that allow you to bring in your own parts? My impression is that most shops frown on this.

I'm aware of Bring Your Own Parts on Bandera, but their reviews online aren't giving me the warm and fuzzies. Ideally there's a shop somewhere with certified mechanics that either lets you buy the parts or charges a corkage fee or something?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2012, 09:16 AM

7,005 posts, read 12,473,091 times
There is a place on Austin Hwy near New Braunfels that let's customers bring their own parts the last time I was there, but they only "guarantee" their work as opposed to giving a warranty.

Old 08-09-2012, 09:56 AM

5,717 posts, read 18,914,437 times
I use Bring Your Own Parts on Bandera Rd and they've always done a good job for me.....and I'm pretty darn picky about who touches my vehicles. The only problem I've ever had with them was an exhaust leak after I had all of the O2 sensors replaced. They dropped what they were doing and jumped right on it. I was only there about 20 minutes for them to fix the leak.
Can't always go by internet reviews. The only folks that will post anything at all are the folks not happy. Considering the car repair business and a lot of folks expectations, there's going to be issues when the business opens its doors. Kinda like your situation, if the dryer is bad and the system doesn't work right-who's fault is it- your fault or their fault? Most folks would say their fault cause they installed it. The shop never wins.

Old 08-09-2012, 03:18 PM

11,495 posts, read 26,863,876 times
Most garages will let you bring your own parts. They won't offer any kind of warranty on the labor if your parts fail though. You should just call around to different garages in your area and ask if you can bring your own parts.

We use Taylor Automotive, and they told us before that they would install a part that we'd bought...but theirs turned out to be only about $5 more so we went with theirs.

Old 08-13-2012, 07:58 AM

1,287 posts, read 3,818,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog_Mom View Post
We use Taylor Automotive, and they told us before that they would install a part that we'd bought...but theirs turned out to be only about $5 more so we went with theirs.
Is that the place @ 1604/Marbach? If so, what do you think of them?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio