Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2009, 02:31 PM

5 posts, read 21,877 times

Advertisements

Has anyone used Westlakes Family Dental on Potranco? they are one of the few places that take my insurance. I've been to 2 great dentists here, one of which I would prefer to continue my care with but my insurance doesn't cover her.

Lee Dental Centers and Monarch Dental are others covered. ANyone recommend any of these? Also looking for a dentist for my 3 year old. Our insurance doesnt cover any pediactric dentists either. kinda wishing we had gone with a different plan.

thanks in advance.
michelle
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2009, 02:47 PM

3,770 posts, read 8,288,551 times
sounds like you have a DHMO (kinda like an HMO) Lee Dental, Monarch Dental, those chain types offer less personalized service. Most of the DDS there are either on their way out or just starting out and need the experience. Ocean Dental (childrens dental) is accepts Medicaid and most DHMOs, maybe you can check them out for your daughter.

Old 02-01-2009, 03:04 PM

see thats where i get screwed. i pay for the BEST dental plan available and get coverage for crap. the whole reason i got the big plan is cause i have an autoimmune disease that wreaks havoc on my teeth and i need some damn good care to help prevent me from losing them int he future.
the insurance we got is humana comp benefits. i dont know if its a dhmo or not but if it is, i think im gonna see if hubby can get it changed even though we are no longer in open enrollment. i CANNOT wait another year to get coverage that will get me into a decent dentist.
and there are LOTS of ped dentists here. ive seen them. this plan covers NOT A SINGLE ONE.

Old 02-01-2009, 05:39 PM

394 posts, read 1,506,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by darlintxmomma View Post
Has anyone used Westlakes Family Dental on Potranco? they are one of the few places that take my insurance. I've been to 2 great dentists here, one of which I would prefer to continue my care with but my insurance doesn't cover her.

Lee Dental Centers and Monarch Dental are others covered. ANyone recommend any of these? Also looking for a dentist for my 3 year old. Our insurance doesnt cover any pediactric dentists either. kinda wishing we had gone with a different plan.

thanks in advance.
michelle
Just checking to make sure....is it Westlakes or Westover Hills Dental? I got a rec for Westover Hills Dental several months ago (new to the area last year) and both DH and I have used them. Both of us have had some extensive work done and are very happy with them. State of the art office and friendly staff. Just thought I would pass that along for what it's worth. They are on Potranco between 1604 and 151.

Old 02-01-2009, 07:07 PM

49 posts, read 139,257 times
whatever you do, do not go to Jacob Park DDS. I've been there twice and on my 2nd visit back in December they were trying to charge me Mandatory Fluoride treatment for $25! Ridiculous. I was furious because they didn't tell me beforehand that they were going to start doing that (they really should tell you when you book an appt. w/ them). So I left and the asst. called me back and said they can just do the cleaning w/out the fluoride (this time around).

I will not be going back to that office.

Old 02-01-2009, 07:31 PM

Filly, it is westlakes, not westover hills. im not seeing that clinic in the list but do you have the name of the dentist. i can search easier that way.

ang3ldu5t, thanks for the warning. luckily hes not covered either. lol

Old 02-01-2009, 07:44 PM

3,216 posts, read 8,552,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by darlintxmomma View Post
see thats where i get screwed. i pay for the BEST dental plan available and get coverage for crap. the whole reason i got the big plan is cause i have an autoimmune disease that wreaks havoc on my teeth and i need some damn good care to help prevent me from losing them int he future.
the insurance we got is humana comp benefits. i dont know if its a dhmo or not but if it is, i think im gonna see if hubby can get it changed even though we are no longer in open enrollment. i CANNOT wait another year to get coverage that will get me into a decent dentist.
and there are LOTS of ped dentists here. ive seen them. this plan covers NOT A SINGLE ONE.
I have Humana/Comp Benefits, and we see Dr Susie Hayden (Stone Oak Pediatric Dentistry). I believe that Dr Billick-Gerling also accepts Humana.

Old 02-02-2009, 07:54 AM

30 posts, read 131,175 times
We use Westover Hills Family dentistry off potranco, been going for almost 3 yrs and I LOVE THEM!!! my daughter is 2 and they are very slow and easy with her and cleaning, wont push if shes not in mood etc... im goin got miss them when i move this siummer!!

Old 03-01-2010, 09:46 AM

1 posts, read 3,226 times
Careful which dentist you use at Westover Hills now Lemon Tree; NONE of them return your phone calls; Lee Dental is bad like a step back in time!

Old 03-02-2010, 01:27 PM

5,142 posts, read 13,116,573 times
It's a revived thread but I saw my dentist name on the first post and I am pleased with the service I receive. Here's the website in case anyone else is looking for it. I'm not sure if there is a Westover Hills Dental in the area.
Westlakes Family Dental
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio