Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2009, 11:24 PM

363 posts, read 748,482 times

Advertisements

I know we had a thread of where to go, but here is a thread of how it went.

Kirby's Steakhouse on 1604 - Expensive but really good. Smoked NY Strip was AMAZING. Salad and soup were so-so and the dessert I could have every day. Sommelier picked out a wine for us that was perfect. Really enjoyed it, felt a little rushed, but we had somewhere to be anyway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2009, 12:36 AM

580 posts, read 1,429,784 times
Went to Stefania's on the corner of Mulberry and San Pedro. Made reservations very late, so had a slot towards the end of the night (9:15pm). Food was great, but we didn't get it until 10:45pm!

I must say, however, that the waiter was a real gem. In order to make up for the slow service (the place was packed!), he gave us two free glasses of wine as well as free dessert. All in all, a great time.

It's Italian, by the way. Quirky but very tasty. Highly recommended.

Old 02-16-2009, 09:03 AM

452 posts, read 1,028,162 times
We stayed in. I made my sweetie some caldo de res (made with a lot of love), which he thoroughly enjoyed.

Old 02-16-2009, 09:04 AM

1,848 posts, read 4,684,084 times
We picked up a pizza from Lucianos and watched SNL.

Pizza is a rare treat and was completely worth the major workout on Sunday!

SNL was not as great as I had expected. Alec was not featured enough. Never heard the Jonas Brothers live - that was an experience.

Old 02-16-2009, 09:21 AM

3,536 posts, read 12,329,732 times
Had reservation at Achiote River Grill (inside the new Grand Hyatt downtown).

Free Valet Parking, decent price, no wait... actually lots of empty tables (for V Day anyway).

Great Decor, awesome live guitar and bongo band. Not too loud as to prevent you from talking, but romantic. I just love the decor in that whole hotel!

Food was amazing. We had some kind of deep fried sweet potato bisquit things (forget what they were called), chicken Empanadas with this cilantro dipping sauce that was divine, and the best corn bread with poblano peppers ever! The main courses were good too! Excellent Tres Leches cake for dessert!

The service was really disappointing though. Our waitress was slow and kind of absent whenever we needed her. I think we ordered the Tres Leches and waited about 20 minutes for it.

I don't know if she was new, or that's just the service.

I would go back though, the food was that good. It was romantic, we didn't mind waiting. Don't go if you're in a hurry.

Old 02-16-2009, 10:24 AM

2,216 posts, read 4,541,177 times
Well we had soccer, so we stopped by Goombas for a quick pizza afterwards. Food was good, but the marriachi band just didn't go with the Italian atmosphere.
We were going to go to Cheesecake Factory on Sunday for lunch but kiddo wound up getting sick so that never panned out!

Old 02-16-2009, 11:24 AM

12,114 posts, read 15,002,256 times
You can guess where I was! We had the best time camping at Bastrop SP.

Old 02-16-2009, 11:43 AM

796 posts, read 3,049,612 times
My husband and I did not make any plans for dinner. While we were out doing errands we decided to stop by and try Longhorn Cafe for the first time. I got the cheeseburger and onion rings. The burger was good but I loved the onion rings. DH got the chicken fried steak and he liked it. We topped it off with milkshakes.

Old 02-16-2009, 04:02 PM

4,103 posts, read 7,026,063 times
We ate in. I made shrimp scampi, pasta, salad, asparagus, garlic bread and heart shaped brownies for sundaes. The hubby and kids loved it.

Old 02-16-2009, 04:07 PM

179 posts, read 468,762 times
We ate in as well. I grilled some ribeyes and butterflied shrimp with some SaltLick rub and Olive Oil. Had some crab legs for appetizer. Had some steamed asparagus and roasted baby red potatoes with rosemary. Had champaign and chocolate dipped strawberries to watch our movie with. Hate the crowds so we decided to stay in this year!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
View detailed profiles of: