Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-17-2009, 02:31 PM

72 posts, read 62,993 times

Advertisements

not a bad list considering we have what, 2000 officers?

btw, this does include incidents when cops chase criminals...so, i guess they should not do their job? guess how many here would complain if they did not. all it took was a simple call to the central office to get this info, but i guess many here do not like to get both sides or do their research.

its only 84 and according to SAPD the ones who reach their points sytem in a 5 year period are reassigned to bike patrol, desk duty, or anything that does not involve a vehicle. and i know what you are up to, it is enlightening to see so many people complain yet do nothing.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2009, 02:51 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,392,256 times
I completely agree, the quest alts are getting annoying. Actually, they've been annoying for quite a while.
anyhow, I only know one person on that list and I will get the story from his wife before making any comments on it. I honestly do not know why they would include on the job incidents such as conducting a PIT maneuver. There is no way you can do one of those without inflicting some damage on the patrol car and I would hope it would not count against the officer, especially since they normally have to get permission prior to conducting it.

Old 03-17-2009, 02:54 PM

if i may add to that, sapd also told me the serious injury asteriks could be added for something as small as an ankle sprain, so the "serious injury" could be alot smaller than you think. according to them, most of the serious injury were actually very minor, but its the way the ratings work in their system.

it sucks if an officer is doing their job to be reprimanded for actually protecting and serving. i receieved my information from an assistant chief when i called up there to inquire about this list.

Old 03-17-2009, 03:05 PM

The SAPD should issue a statement then. The story is obviously very misleading, which is one of the many reasons I no longer watch WOAI news

Old 03-17-2009, 03:45 PM

yeah, but if the department spent all day dealing with woai they would not be able to serve and protect. there is a line that needs to be drawn, but there is also some responsibility in the citizens. getting the straight answer is very important. that is all i ever preach.

woai is a dog and pony show, we dealt with that issue when going through this school closure issue. they report what they want, and it is not always the truth.

Old 03-17-2009, 04:40 PM

2,982 posts, read 9,836,085 times
What I want to know is, this recommend counseling, a day off, or indefinite suspension. What the hell happened to driving school. Nothing in there recommends driving improvement. Sorta like WOAI's symbolism, Dedicated, Determined, Dependable, or as Carlos Mencia puts it,
Dee, Dee, Dee.

Old 03-17-2009, 08:24 PM

358 posts, read 821,733 times
My opinion is...

Don't f*** with cops who are doing their job, whether you think they're doing it correctly or not. How do you know anyways? Keep your nose out of it and do what they tell you to do. If you have a problem with a cop's behavior, report it to his/her superiors and let them handle it. These guys/gals put their LIVES on the line for us every day. Would you walk into the pilot's cabin on an airliner and start telling the pilot how to fly his plane? NO! So show cops the same respect. It's not like they don't earn it 99.99% of the time.

And I'm not a cop, have never been one, don't have any family that are. I just freakin' appreciate what they do for me and my family!!!!

Old 03-18-2009, 05:37 AM

wow, do you burn the Constitution in your spare time?

Old 03-18-2009, 06:54 AM

1,641 posts, read 2,410,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bg2ntst View Post
My opinion is...

Don't f*** with cops who are doing their job, whether you think they're doing it correctly or not. How do you know anyways? Keep your nose out of it and do what they tell you to do. If you have a problem with a cop's behavior, report it to his/her superiors and let them handle it. These guys/gals put their LIVES on the line for us every day. Would you walk into the pilot's cabin on an airliner and start telling the pilot how to fly his plane? NO! So show cops the same respect. It's not like they don't earn it 99.99% of the time.

And I'm not a cop, have never been one, don't have any family that are. I just freakin' appreciate what they do for me and my family!!!!
I believe this thread started as a result of a BCSD driving through a neighborhood at a speed that was unsafe and unneeded. When confronted , the sheriff overreacted and tried to intimidate the poster with other deputies. A citizen knows when someone is exceeding the speed limit and is a hazard to the very citizens being protected. We expect to be protected and not have a second rule of law exercised by the officer.

Asking an airline pilot why something happened or asking another question as to what occurred during a flight is expected and encouraged.

You may not be a cop, but I am an airline pilot.

Old 03-18-2009, 08:22 AM

278 posts, read 693,458 times
i don't think i've ever had an airline pilot try to arrest me with made up info either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio