Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2009, 06:59 PM

472 posts, read 1,792,952 times

Advertisements

OMG everyones posts are so serious, kinda freaking me out. It seems you are blessed to have them right there. If I were you I'd hire them to clean my house, do my landscaping do some painting, fix my roof and other small construction jobs. Think of all the money you could save. You know they are hard workers and work cheap. I see the glass half full.

Old 05-07-2009, 07:17 PM

4,796 posts, read 15,369,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dube665 View Post
OMG everyones posts are so serious, kinda freaking me out. It seems you are blessed to have them right there. If I were you I'd hire them to clean my house, do my landscaping do some painting, fix my roof and other small construction jobs. Think of all the money you could save. You know they are hard workers and work cheap. I see the glass half full.
Dube....ya know...that's not even remotely funny. We don't need to get into a cultural/racial discussion. Most apartment rentals are members of the Texas Apartment Association.

Here's the link for the OP and for you. She has a legitimate complaint. There are laws to prohibit this kind of situation for many reasons. It should be taken seriously. The one you should be mad at is the greedy slum lord willing to break the law and take advantage of people who may not have the means or the proper guidance about finding adequate housing. He may be exploiting a group of people that NEED help.

http://www.taa.org/

Texas Apartment Association - Renting Basics - taa.org (http://www.taa.org/renterinfo/rentingBasics/ - broken link)

Old 05-07-2009, 08:21 PM

1,671 posts, read 3,842,502 times
My neighbor is with the United States Border Patrol. Call their number and they will investigate. If you know what time or days that most of them are present that will be better.

Old 05-07-2009, 10:17 PM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 38,116,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wellguy View Post
My neighbor is with the United States Border Patrol. Call their number and they will investigate. If you know what time or days that most of them are present that will be better.
With that answer, we'll close the thread. Some posts above ignored the message that this local forum is not the place to discuss US Immigration policy.

Last edited by Bo; 05-08-2009 at 07:09 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio