Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-16-2009, 12:03 AM

13 posts, read 80,604 times

Advertisements

Hi, I really need help. I have a 13 year old boy and lately he is not been on his best behavior, plus he's not been doing good at school either. I would like to know if anybody now about a boot camp for teens here at sa. I really apreciate your help, I tried everything I can and is not working and I don't want to wait until is to late. thank you.
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2009, 03:11 PM

57 posts, read 219,583 times
Boot camp? That bad huh? I'll see if I hear anything. So I asume you really did try EVERY thing?

Old 05-16-2009, 03:31 PM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 38,134,303 times
It looks like these programs are quite deliberately not located near major metro areas. The isolation of a rural setting seems to be part of the program.

I found this page listing several in Texas with a search.
Texas Boot Camp | Teen Camps | Texas Summer Camps

I've seen this one in the media.
Map of Boarding School in Delta, Utah

There was a tragic death at one of these camps in Florida a couple of years back: http://www.ksat.com/news/8314331/detail.html (broken link)

Old 05-16-2009, 04:10 PM

452 posts, read 1,028,755 times
Before taking such drastic measures, perhaps a phone call to the Bexar County Juvenile Center will put you in touch with someone who would be able to help you. You can reach them at 210-335-7500.

Old 05-20-2009, 10:42 PM

13 posts, read 80,604 times
I check the link above for boot camp, wow it looks aweso, but the cost is at least $3,000 for a month. I will trie to call Bexar County Juvenile Center this week. Thanks everybody for the help, I really apreciate. I don't want to loose my son. If anybody have any other sugestion please let me know and willing to try anything. (WELL ANYTHING LEGAL ) Thanks again.

Last edited by brizeida; 05-20-2009 at 10:56 PM..

Old 05-21-2009, 03:32 AM

7,629 posts, read 16,465,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brizeida View Post
Hi, I really need help. I have a 13 year old boy and lately he is not been on his best behavior, plus he's not been doing good at school either. I would like to know if anybody now about a boot camp for teens here at sa. I really apreciate your help, I tried everything I can and is not working and I don't want to wait until is to late. thank you.
You did not mention if your son has gotten messed up with drugs or alcohol, so please do not take offense if that is not the case...however, we all understand that these issues are a HUGE problem for many parents with teens these days.

Here is a site that assists with teens that are in need of this kind of help:

Teen Challenge USA

Hope this helps, and keep praying....there were times we were convinced we were raising the Antichrist with our kids...and they all got thru it to become happy, healthy, productive members of society. Been where you are and remember the pain and fear quite well. Hang in there and remember to pray!!!!

Old 05-24-2009, 10:33 PM

1,720 posts, read 4,508,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brizeida View Post

I dont mean to be rude in anyways, and I really cant speak from experience. But I've seen everything so my question to you is... what made him or is making him behave like that. Did you let him do anything, let him have anything he wanted when he was young? Is he hanging out with the "in" crowd? Puberty?

possiblilities are endless, I would suggest you sit down, with him, and just talk to him ask him whats going on. There comes a time when a teenager wants to communicate with their parents but they cant find a way to relate.

If you send him away, youre just having someone else do your work for you. And he's gonna hang on to it and repress it. He might see it as a rejection.

I've seen this happen to one of my buds back in Cali.

Old 02-28-2011, 11:01 AM

2 posts, read 35,176 times
Default Help is needed badly

I'm new to this. somebody out has to help me before i go crazy... my husband died last year not even a year so im alone raising three teenagers by myself.. they are so bad at times and great at others. All the of the kids have missed school from 17 up to 32 days. i have 2 girls one 16 and the other 16 and my son 13. my oldest hits me makes holes in my walls, when she dosent get her way. she was to hang out with her friends and come home when she wants i dont think so. my 14 year is seeing this and now is getting pyschial both girls cuss me out in front of strangers family and friends they both shop lifted twice and skipped school. my son is looking at this i dont want him to follow their steps. i have trying ignoring them be patience understanding. i cant anymore. i want my kids back before my husband got sick. they have no respect for anybody they think they are untouchable. this weekend was my birthday so my boyfriend surprise me by taking me out...all i could do was wonder what they were doing. well they got in to a fight downtown. spring break is coming and im already stressing what is going to happen next. juvinelle is a joke to them. PLEASE SOMEBODY HELP.. NOT THAT I'M SCARED TO FIGHT BACK I DONT WANT TO HURT THEM OR THEM TO HURT ME. BOOTCAMP IS WHERE THEY NEED TO GO. my family dont come anymore or friends my support is gone counsoling helps just a bit. help please

Old 02-28-2011, 11:54 AM

472 posts, read 1,077,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by garcia1432 View Post
I'm new to this. somebody out has to help me before i go crazy... my husband died last year not even a year so im alone raising three teenagers by myself.. they are so bad at times and great at others. All the of the kids have missed school from 17 up to 32 days. i have 2 girls one 16 and the other 16 and my son 13. my oldest hits me makes holes in my walls, when she dosent get her way. she was to hang out with her friends and come home when she wants i dont think so. my 14 year is seeing this and now is getting pyschial both girls cuss me out in front of strangers family and friends they both shop lifted twice and skipped school. my son is looking at this i dont want him to follow their steps. i have trying ignoring them be patience understanding. i cant anymore. i want my kids back before my husband got sick. they have no respect for anybody they think they are untouchable. this weekend was my birthday so my boyfriend surprise me by taking me out...all i could do was wonder what they were doing. well they got in to a fight downtown. spring break is coming and im already stressing what is going to happen next. juvinelle is a joke to them. PLEASE SOMEBODY HELP.. NOT THAT I'M SCARED TO FIGHT BACK I DONT WANT TO HURT THEM OR THEM TO HURT ME. BOOTCAMP IS WHERE THEY NEED TO GO. my family dont come anymore or friends my support is gone counsoling helps just a bit. help please
They say Juvenile is a joke ?,..obviously they haven't been to Texas Youth Commission?,...give it time,..they will eventually mess-up really bad or they may change for the better,..my 16 year old daughter was doing the same things you are explaining about and she finally messed-up royally and landed herself in TYC for 1 year,...she managed to assault staff which is a real no-no and extended to 3 years,...she's out now, and finally seeing "the light",..it was hell,..I know what you're going through,...karen kelsey in the juvenile courts don't take no sh*t from these kids.

Last edited by Pachuco2; 02-28-2011 at 12:34 PM..

Old 02-28-2011, 02:43 PM

2 posts, read 35,176 times
im sitting here crying cuz i really thought i was the only one going thru this crap. im sick of it. Dont get me wrong i love my kids to death but i just really dont know what to do. have to sleep with one eye open.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio