Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2009, 08:21 AM

545 posts, read 1,061,397 times

Advertisements

I've checked a couple of flea markets and not had any luck. Does anyone know a good place to look for purses?

Old 07-02-2009, 08:41 AM

5,615 posts, read 14,788,317 times
you gotta know a guy.....

Old 07-02-2009, 08:56 AM

452 posts, read 1,027,776 times
Hmmm...guess she's not worth the real thing!*lol*

Old 07-02-2009, 09:22 AM

3,468 posts, read 8,553,034 times
By "knock offs" are you speaking of the counterfeit pieces of garbage that illegally use trademarked brand names/insignias and are typically produced by slave labor sweat shops (and that anyone with ANY amount of self respect and class would NEVER carry), or do you mean something else?

Old 07-02-2009, 10:01 AM

4,796 posts, read 15,362,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jules07 View Post
by "knock offs" are you speaking of the counterfeit pieces of garbage that illegally use trademarked brand names/insignias and are typically produced by slave labor sweat shops (and that anyone with any amount of self respect and class would never carry), or do you mean something else?
lol!!!

Old 07-02-2009, 10:56 AM

545 posts, read 1,061,397 times
Quote:
By "knock offs" are you speaking of the counterfeit pieces of garbage that illegally use trademarked brand names/insignias and are typically produced by slave labor sweat shops (and that anyone with ANY amount of self respect and class would NEVER carry), or do you mean something else?
What do you think the working conditions are in the factories where they produce the real thing?

Oh wait. Same factory.

Old 07-02-2009, 11:08 AM

3,468 posts, read 8,553,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuanValdez View Post
What do you think the working conditions are in the factories where they produce the real thing?

Oh wait. Same factory.

Yeah, keep tellin' yourself that, if it makes you feel better for buying something illegal.

Old 07-02-2009, 01:03 PM

1 posts, read 8,834 times
Why would you wanna buy that knockoff crap? Compare a knockoff with the real thing and you'll see the difference. The stiching is different, the rivets, everything is different. I work at a bank and have seen, many customers come in with knockoff purses that have loose strings, and faded "brass" hardware. They start to fall apart quick. Also Ive seen people selling that knock off crap for $100. Thats crazy.

Theres nothing wrong with being on a budget and not being able to go to Macy's and drop $500 on a purse for your girl. My wife wanted a new Coach, so we went to Macy's and it was $400. Ok, we went to Coach at Northstar Mall and it was $289 there. Big difference. Also Ive taken her to San Marcos and bought her 3 or 4 purses at a time from there as well. They always have different sales. My wife usually pays from $75 to $150 a purse there.

I aint rich by any means, but I make sure my wife buys a quality genuine product at a reasonable price.

Old 07-02-2009, 01:04 PM

214 posts, read 501,747 times
Quote:
Yeah, keep tellin' yourself that, if it makes you feel better for buying something illegal.
I'm sorry to be on what my seem like the devil's side on this one... But he is right in this point.

YouTube - CIW: Modern Day Slavery
http://www.siprep.org/faculty/astric...homework08.pdf

The best thing you can do to insure you are not funding sweat shop and slave-labor factories is to research each company you buy from and check the records.

Buying knockoffs guarantees you are buying sweat shop gear. Shame on you, man. All so that you can pretend to have more money?

Old 07-02-2009, 01:42 PM

1,740 posts, read 5,744,216 times
Quote:
Well said. People forget that buying these illegal/counterfeit items are the same thing as shop lifting. Our country has become such an entitlement society that people would proudly and without shame ask where they could buy (what amounts to) stolen goods on a public forum. You might as well have asked what store doesn't have good security cameras so you could shoplift from them. There isn't any difference.

Not to mention the fact that knock off items are virtually guaranteed to be manufactured in a sweat shop.

Shoplifter/thief - taking something that belongs to someone else without paying - the same as: buying a pirated DVD, copying a CD from a neighbor, downloading music without paying for it, buying knock off anything, copying any copyrighted material for your benefit without paying for it.

This idea that I deserve something without paying for it is one of the foundational problems with our self centered greed filled America. I would rather own a regular brand name something and have pride in knowing I got it the right way than to buy a name brand knock off knowing I am using what amounts to stolen goods.

Wake up America - our moral values are slipping away...one hand bag/DVD/CD at a time...

No stepping down from my soap box...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio