Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2009, 12:50 PM

3 posts, read 5,384 times

Advertisements

I am a 30 yr old single female who currenlty live in Louisiana, but I am considering moving to SA. I did some research on the internet and discovered several different areas in SA i.e. Northeast, South, Northwest etc. I need to know truthfully the safest place to live. I don't have any children so school districts is not a concern of mine. Suggestions/comments on apartments would also be helpful. I also have a B.S. degree;therefore, I need to know is there alot of jobs for college gradutes. I would appreciate all comments.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2009, 02:21 PM

14,637 posts, read 35,036,574 times
Dang, our Welcome Wagon First Officer Firstclassflyer must be in a meeting with a client. Apologies from the board.

Start here and then get back to us, please:
http://www.city-data.com/forum/san-a...index-san.html

Old 07-14-2009, 02:40 PM

2,260 posts, read 5,618,137 times
I will say that there aren't a lot of jobs, period at this point in time. I strongly suggest you find a job and then move, unless you are prepared to live on savings for three months to a year. Things aren't quite as tight here as they are in the rest of the country, but it isn't all puppies and rainbows, either.

Old 07-14-2009, 03:17 PM

418 posts, read 1,240,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiKi Tulip View Post
I am a 30 yr old single female who currenlty live in Louisiana, but I am considering moving to SA. I did some research on the internet and discovered several different areas in SA i.e. Northeast, South, Northwest etc. I need to know truthfully the safest place to live. I don't have any children so school districts is not a concern of mine. Suggestions/comments on apartments would also be helpful. I also have a B.S. degree;therefore, I need to know is there alot of jobs for college gradutes. I would appreciate all comments.
While schools may not be factor, they probably provide the most un-biased data about the safety of the location.

I would check out the AEIS report. I prefer looking at the "student mobility" index for each school.

Academic Excellence Indicator System

Old 07-14-2009, 04:24 PM

4,263 posts, read 10,825,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
Dang, our Welcome Wagon First Officer Firstclassflyer must be in a meeting with a client. Apologies from the board.

Start here and then get back to us, please:
http://www.city-data.com/forum/san-a...index-san.html
Damn...I was in meetings all day at Accenture. Missed this one.

Old 07-14-2009, 09:32 PM

2,260 posts, read 5,618,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstclassflyer View Post
Damn...I was in meetings all day at Accenture. Missed this one.
Ugh. I just threw up a little in my mouth.

Speaking of Acc, OP, they might be hiring. I know they've laid off in Learning, but other areas may well be hiring. And just because I had a terrible experience doesn't mean everyone will.

Old 07-14-2009, 09:41 PM

4,263 posts, read 10,825,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaGrace View Post
Ugh. I just threw up a little in my mouth.

Speaking of Acc, OP, they might be hiring. I know they've laid off in Learning, but other areas may well be hiring. And just because I had a terrible experience doesn't mean everyone will.
They are only a client, and a rather small one for us. I wouldn't work there, from what I've seen.

Old 07-16-2009, 04:08 AM

1,131 posts, read 1,780,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiKi Tulip View Post
It's smarter to secure a job before any move to a new city.

Old 07-16-2009, 07:43 AM

993 posts, read 2,491,376 times
Newport Apartments and Paseo Pointe Apartments are nice gated complexes on the Northeast side, and safe.

Old 07-16-2009, 11:20 AM

1 posts, read 1,684 times
[FONT=Verdana]I am trying to relocate back to San Antonio as of now I'm in Denver CO. I would like to know where is the safest place to live epically when I have children. My specific employment is an Assistant Property Manager and has 4 years experience in this field. I know before I move I have to make sure I have a job first. Appreciate some help Thanks in advance[/FONT]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
View detailed profiles of: