Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2007, 10:44 AM

443 posts, read 1,506,131 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayag_Mo_Gago View Post
According to weather reports you guys are getting rediculously pounded right now. I also saw mention of tornadoes and a few deaths. I absolutely don't want to live in an environment like that. I pray for everyone's well being over there. God bless.
if your reason for not relocating is property tax, then your arguement is quite valid because we won't deny the fact that you are looking at 3% tax (though we don't have state tax if that will make it any better). BUT weather? i'm telling you you are getting it wrong.

anyway, goodluck in finding a place on earth that doesn't get bad weather, or even natural disasters. give me a few bad storms a year, but not 9 months of rain, or 4 months of extremely cold or boling hot weather, or 30 inches of snow, or 15 hurricanes, or frequent earthquake...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2007, 10:47 AM

380 posts, read 1,279,956 times
Here Here winst0n!

Old 04-25-2007, 10:49 AM

554 posts, read 2,307,213 times
I was "no kidding' to sapphire's post. I should have quoted.

The bottom line is that there are weather issues everywhere. Snow in the upper midwest and northeast, wild fires and earthquakes in California, hurricanes along the gulf coast, blizzards in Colorado. It's a matter of picking your poision. I was simply trying to convey that the last month has been the exception, not the rule, weather wise. If your decision was based solely on the weather in San Antonio I didn't want you to have an inaccurate picture of what our weather is like. However, if you don't want thunderstorms and flash floods, don't move to San Antonio. I don't want earthquakes, so I won't move to California. See? It's just a matter of finding out what works for you. My heart will not be broken because you're choosing somewhere else over San Antonio.

Old 04-25-2007, 10:50 AM

85 posts, read 261,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 210 View Post
Guy, you don't have to be some kind of snob, people are just trying to help you.

And how have you been watching the weather if you're in California?You mean you have been going to weather.com, huh?

It's one thing to never have experienced Texas weather, it's another thing to think you know how it is from the internet. Live a little, some rain and thunder/lightning isn't as scary as you think it is.
Snob? What the heck are you talking about? All I stated was the fact that the weather in San Antonio is not for me. You guys get all defensive about the weather.

FYI, the ones I responded to were not helping me, but questioning me and being sarcastic.

I check the weather reports on mysa.com. Are you going to deny the severity of last night's storm? How about the one a couple of weeks ago with "Tornado Warnings"? And the one a few weeks before that, and so on...
That might be "normal" for you folks out there, but not for me! Is that so hard to understand? Tornadoes, hail, hurricanes, severe thunderstorms and ice is not something I want to live in.

Old 04-25-2007, 10:56 AM

1,722 posts, read 2,243,051 times
He's chastising any native San Antonian who is trying to educate him a little about the weather, weather we have been experiencing for 10, 20, 30 years.

Yet he wants an out of state posters opinion on the weather, wth?

We are trying to tell him how this has been a freak year so far but he insults us, damn.

Old 04-25-2007, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by winst0n View Post
if your reason for not relocating is property tax, then your arguement is quite valid because we won't deny the fact that you are looking at 3% tax (though we don't have state tax if that will make it any better). BUT weather? i'm telling you you are getting it wrong.

anyway, goodluck in finding a place on earth that doesn't get bad weather, or even natural disasters. give me a few bad storms a year, but not 9 months of rain, or 4 months of extremely cold or boling hot weather, or 30 inches of snow, or 15 hurricanes, or frequent earthquake...
Have you ever had a state income tax deduction? If you did, then you would know it's basically nothing! I would rather pay 1% and state income that takes pennies rather than 3% property tax.

I decided to stay put for now where the weather is very uneventful. FYI, there are no frequent earthquakes here.

Old 04-25-2007, 10:57 AM

58 posts, read 189,587 times
Bayag I can see where you are coming from. I grew up in California and recently moved here in January. I will be completely honest and tell you that California has the best weather I have ever experienced. Now that being said, that was the only thing I loved about Cali. So if you only base where you live on that...then yes Cali is the best place. Now SA weather...if you only looked at the reports then I think you don't really understand it. Yes last night was loud and tons of rain....but that lasted one night...today is beautiful. It comes and goes...and trust me, my fiance is an avid golfer and if rain was an issue we would have already gone back to CA.

Old 04-25-2007, 10:59 AM

1,722 posts, read 2,243,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayag_Mo_Gago View Post
That might be "normal" for you folks out there, but not for me! Is that so hard to understand? Tornadoes, hail, hurricanes, severe thunderstorms and ice is not something I want to live in.
Tornadoes, ok.

Hail, Ok.

Hurricanes, ok.

Severe thunderstorms, ok.

Ice, ok.

My suggestion, you might wanna build a house 200 feet below the surface of the earth.

Old 04-25-2007, 11:01 AM

5 posts, read 14,406 times
I have noticed that the California transplants that I have met so far, who think San Antonio is sooooooo great have come from not-so-nice neighborhoods of California such as Stockton, Salinas, or Compton. It is good that they had the common sense to cash of of the ghettos in Cali and move their families to a better neighborhood and lifestyle here in San Antonio. I am a transplant from San Diego and I moved to a neighborhood that was comparable to my San Diego neighborhood. I like my beautiful big house (McMansion) but I think you are making the right decision in not moving here. If you don't like LA check out SD.

Also last night there was a "Tornado Watch" maybe that's nothing to the locals here, but since tornadoes are something I'm not familiar with, I was really scared for myself and my family.

Old 04-25-2007, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 210 View Post
He's chastising any native San Antonian who is trying to educate him a little about the weather, weather we have been experiencing for 10, 20, 30 years.

Yet he wants an out of state posters opinion on the weather, wth?

We are trying to tell him how this has been a freak year so far but he insults us, damn.
I absolutely want an out of staters opinion so it won't be biased like yours and a couple others here! I'm catching on to you and your act buddy. I've read a few of your posts and according to you everything in San Antonio is perfectly rosy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio