Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-28-2008, 03:55 PM

436 posts, read 1,613,704 times

Advertisements

I have some ladies business clothes/nice casual clothes I have not worn for a few years that I would like to donate. They are all nice quality and in good condition. They would be great for people needing clothes for an interview or newly entering the workforce.

Any suggestions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2008, 04:04 PM

1,366 posts, read 4,486,784 times
you could always donate to the battered women's shelter --- they do not sell their donated items for a profit like goodwill or salvation army --- the women's shelter has 2 sides to it, an emergency side for women to get needed items when they come in with literally nothing but the clothes on their backs --- i would imagine many of these women have jobs that they have to get too so they would appreciate the business clothes ---

just an fyi --- the battered women's shelter will take anything, clothes, kids toys, housewares, home decor, home furnishings, etc...once the women and kids are set up and on their own they can come back to the shelter and "shop" for free in the shelter --- they have it set up like a little store with shelves and aisles where they can shop for their new lives, away from their abusers...

the shelter is on McCullough (sorry, i don't have the actual address) --- we donate all our items here and it is always very much appreciated --- drive around back for drop off...

also, the items they cannot use for whatever reason are given to area churches for their homeless drives...

Old 12-28-2008, 04:06 PM

14,637 posts, read 35,023,449 times
Dress for Success is another worthy cause.
Home - Dress for Success

Old 12-28-2008, 05:23 PM

135 posts, read 512,957 times
Dress for Success was my first thought.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstxcop View Post
you could always donate to the battered women's shelter --- they do not sell their donated items for a profit like goodwill or salvation army --- the women's shelter has 2 sides to it, an emergency side for women to get needed items when they come in with literally nothing but the clothes on their backs --- i would imagine many of these women have jobs that they have to get too so they would appreciate the business clothes ---

just an fyi --- the battered women's shelter will take anything, clothes, kids toys, housewares, home decor, home furnishings, etc...once the women and kids are set up and on their own they can come back to the shelter and "shop" for free in the shelter --- they have it set up like a little store with shelves and aisles where they can shop for their new lives, away from their abusers...

the shelter is on McCullough (sorry, i don't have the actual address) --- we donate all our items here and it is always very much appreciated --- drive around back for drop off...

also, the items they cannot use for whatever reason are given to area churches for their homeless drives...
Good to know!! In the future, I'll keep them in mind when donating.

Old 12-29-2008, 04:07 PM

2,438 posts, read 7,010,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by needsomeinfo View Post
I have some ladies business clothes/nice casual clothes I have not worn for a few years that I would like to donate. They are all nice quality and in good condition. They would be great for people needing clothes for an interview or newly entering the workforce.

Any suggestions?
Love that "gently used".. but donations would probably be good... as said in above posts!!

Old 12-30-2008, 06:37 PM

436 posts, read 1,613,704 times
thanks for the input! I will check into both of those. I also have some toys I could donate to the womens shelter.

Old 09-30-2009, 01:01 PM

37 posts, read 141,946 times
Default but what about mens?

dress for success is great, but is there something like this for men and to donate men's suits?

Old 10-08-2009, 03:13 PM

480 posts, read 316,432 times
Christian Womens Job Corps in Kerrville.

Old 10-09-2009, 01:21 PM

546 posts, read 1,499,585 times
You could always look into donating to the Medina Childrens Home. I know they will come and pick up the items as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio