Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-15-2009, 07:57 PM

324 posts, read 1,308,769 times

Advertisements

Looking for info on the Curves gym in san antonio - really looking for info on the windcrest one but overall is good too.

Dr. has recommended it to me over a regular gym for now until I'm in better shape.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2009, 08:03 PM

14,637 posts, read 35,036,574 times
30 minute workout....feel-good type place...women only......you'll lose inches right away. Not sure long-term how effective it is, but if you're not working out at all it is a start! It's right around $30 a month....ask for a special on the enrollment fee...if you're a teacher you get a discount, I believe.

They measure you once a month. They're very upbeat and encouraging! Many of them offer weight/nutrition classes now.

Old 10-15-2009, 08:09 PM

417 posts, read 982,754 times
Hmmm Sounds like a good idea; to make time to refine my curves ...

Old 10-15-2009, 11:55 PM

61,729 posts, read 87,147,355 times
Curves, based in Woodway, Texas, near Waco, is a gym franchise business aimed at women. Gary and Diane Heavin started the business in 1992 in Harlingen, in the southern tip of Texas. Now, Curves is the largest fitness franchise in the world with nearly 10,000 locations worldwide.
Here some additional info: Curves Information - The Workout (http://www.curvesinformation.com/the-workout.php - broken link) with a demo
and here even more: Curves Health Clubs and Fitness Centers for Women with Aerobic and Strength Training Workout
CurvesComplete.com is an online subscription program that's the perfect nutritional complement to your Curves gym membership.
Hey, that looks like a fun! Welcome to Curves of San Antonio, TX, San Antonio Curves, San Antonio Women's Fitness Centers, Women s Fitness Centers in San Antonio, San Antonio Health clubs, Health Clubs in San Antonio, Weight Loss centers in San Antonio, San Antonio weight loss
Here is something to consider: "Curves has a great staff but the the membership is high!!! Call for the hours also because if you work the may not work for you. From what I have seen most are about the same." (210) 650-9866
Have a great time!

Old 10-16-2009, 10:48 AM

434 posts, read 1,123,864 times
I have been a member of Curves for a good many years, in NY before we moved to SA, and now here. I go to the NW Curves on Guilbeau and Bandera. I went to the Windcrest one before we bought our home here. The Windcrest Curves along with the NW and Helotes and Culebra Curves (not the Sea World one) were all owned by the same owner until some months ago when they were sold. The one in Windcrest I think might have been purchased by the manager, but I could be mistaken, at any rate she is a great gal. The other ones were purchased together and the new owners are putting extra effort into improving them.

I don't know your age group, but there was a program called Silver Sneakers which they were excepting if you were a member of it. I believe you had to be 65 plus. Definitely worth looking into if you were of that age group.

I find I can keep in shape going about 4 times a week, and of course I watch my diet so I don't totally blow all that I have accomplished.

I even work there on occasion when they are short handed. Hope you decide to join as it is fun and healthy!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio