Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2010, 07:28 PM

8,399 posts, read 22,992,062 times

Advertisements

A few weeks ago, when we took my visiting mother-in-law to the Lion & Rose Pub, my 12-yr-old son and I played our first game of darts together (301).

This prompted me to try and find my old darts, but I looked all over for them and couldn't find them. Then, last night, I was hunting for something in the garage and found them (which makes sense as I used to have a dart board in the garage).

Considering their age (I bought them nearly 30 years ago when I was stationed in the UK), they are in pretty good shape. However, I could use some new flights and shafts. For those who don't know anything about darts, here is a graphic of the parts...

So I Googled 'San Antonio darts' and found a few places in town that I am hoping someone might have some info on. First there is Alamo City Dart Shop over on Pleasanton Road south of downtown. They have a pretty extensive web site and I would like to know if their shop is just as big.

Secondly, there is Darts-N-More which also has a big web site but there's no address for a shop, and I couldn't find anything on YellowPages.com. Anyone heard of them?

Then there is T-N-T Dart & Billiard Supplies on Eisenhauer Road, which is a bit far from where I am. I tried to go to their web site under the EisenhauerMarket.com and it crashed my FireFox browser!

Lastly, there is Pro Aim Dart Shop on South Presa Street, I couldn't find a web site for them either but they did have a City-Data.com page!

So, if anyone has any experience with any of the above shops, or knows of any others or places that may carry darts equipment, I'd appreciate it.

Cheers! M2
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2010, 08:15 AM

338 posts, read 1,230,821 times
I used to do business with alamo city dart. In that little shopping center. there also use to be a pool/dart shop across from lackland/kelly AFB some years ago also, around the area of the infamouse Go-Go-Bar there. I have not visited that place in years so not sure of the name of if it is still in existence. However when me and my bro-in-law would go, they had a lot of custom style cues and darts. I would recommend alamo darts but its been at least a year since I have been there.

Old 01-28-2010, 08:19 AM

5,642 posts, read 15,713,148 times
I only played with darts once. I got hit in the head. Enough for me.

Old 01-28-2010, 08:34 AM

petrockmedia

That's right, I forgot there was a dart shop right there on Whitewood Drive! Isn't it the same shop that sells electronics? I've been in there before looking for CB radio parts, I work almost across the street from there on Security Hill and will drive by this afternoon to see if they still sell parts stuff!

Thanks! M2

p.s. Nick, sorry to hear about your bad darts experience! Maybe next time you can wear a helmet!

Old 01-28-2010, 09:08 AM

127 posts, read 282,356 times
I've found all the basics for bristle boards and electronic boards at Academy.

Old 01-28-2010, 09:35 AM

12,114 posts, read 15,005,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majormadmax View Post
petrockmedia

That's right, I forgot there was a dart shop right there on Whitewood Drive! Isn't it the same shop that sells electronics? I've been in there before looking for CB radio parts, I work almost across the street from there on Security Hill and will drive by this afternoon to see if they still sell parts stuff!

Thanks! M2

p.s. Nick, sorry to hear about your bad darts experience! Maybe next time you can wear a helmet!
Hamby's Darts and stuff, 101 WHITE WOOD 673-9466.

I met hubby playing darts.

Old 01-28-2010, 02:11 PM

Hamby's is it! I stopped by there and the gentleman who runs the shop was very friendly and helpful. It was a small place but had lots of stuff, and I found some Andy Capp replacement flights for the ones I had!

Now, where are some good places to throw around here? I know the Lion & Rose, but I was looking for something closer to Helotes (which was suppose to get its own L&R at one point...).

Cheers! M2

Old 01-28-2010, 04:20 PM

51 posts, read 126,582 times
FYI, Darts-N-More is on Military Drive; drive a bit south from Marbach and it's on the left side. There are some other businesses next to it... A lawyer is the only one I can remember now.
Google map has it between Remuda and Westlawn... If you zoom in enough it even shows Darts-N-More.

Old 01-29-2010, 12:05 AM

546 posts, read 1,500,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SabseH View Post
FYI, Darts-N-More is on Military Drive; drive a bit south from Marbach and it's on the left side. There are some other businesses next to it... A lawyer is the only one I can remember now.
Google map has it between Remuda and Westlawn... If you zoom in enough it even shows Darts-N-More.
There is a Barber shop right next to it i believe. I walked in there while my husband was getting his flat top. We used to play Cricket and High Score at the Afterburner. We still play just not like we used to. You can find many accessories there. Its owned by a relatively elderly couple.

Old 02-10-2010, 10:45 AM

7 posts, read 11,975 times
Just so you know, Hamby's Darts moved down the street to 123 White Wood.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio