Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2010, 01:43 PM

65 posts, read 179,709 times

Advertisements

We haven't done much bar hopping downtown but the few times we've been down there we always wind up at Howl at the Moon. It's a blast and always has plenty of cute girls in there

I live on the northside and while the Stone Oak area does have a lot of bars and lounges, they're definitely older and mostly full of married couples like us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2010, 07:20 PM

2,744 posts, read 6,114,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
I was driving thru DTSA one Friday night a month back, and was supprised by all the little clubs down Houston street and Alamo...SouthTown. lots of young folk walking around.

DTSA is usually pretty dead on street level. River level dif story

Lol downtown S.A. is always busy street level, one of the most lively downtowns in the U.S. most lively in Texas. Then you also have the Riverwalk. Houston street, Losoya, Commerce and market streets have bars and clubs.

Old 02-03-2010, 07:59 AM

56 posts, read 161,244 times
I know others have mentioned St. Mary's, and for my taste, electro/indie dance, it does quite well. The Limelight, Lava Lounge, Club Venom, and Atomix [two streets west] are places I like. St Marys has other stuff and like another poster mentioned, Main street is fun as well. The area is not like it was in the 80s, its much more of a young urban crowd from Trinity, SAC, Incarnate word, with yippies mixed in there. 6th street has many good things about it, but if I lived in Austin, I doubt I would frequent the place. It's cool, but live emo/scremo/indie rock...are eh, ok.

Old 02-03-2010, 08:28 AM

17 posts, read 36,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kittykat13 View Post
The clubs and/or bars are scattered throughout the city. If you are looking for a place to walk from one to another the best place is the downtown riverwalk, which can also offer restaurants and a spectacular view of the riverwalk.

I'm looking for mega clubs, is there any here in San Antonio?
I know the run down from Austin.
I'm came from california about a month in half. a club paid us to come down here to promote and bring some good shows with some big dj's.

Is there any mega clubs here other then the one im working with? I just can't say what club but it fits about 2000 people.

you guys can check out all my info: Moderator cut: links, see comment

Last edited by Bo; 02-03-2010 at 02:27 PM.. Reason: Per the TOS, don't post links to your own sites. Put these in your member profile instead.

Old 02-03-2010, 02:03 PM

915 posts, read 1,905,042 times
Bonham Exchange is or was the best of the large clubs. Only mega clubs here focus on country.

Old 02-04-2010, 12:07 PM

1,297 posts, read 3,102,097 times
Cowboys is a place where they may bring well known DJ's (such as DJ Tiesto), but honestly, there aren't many clubs like that here, say for example in LA where there's Avalon I believe? Anywho, there's Bonham as one mentioned. There's maybe Club Rio, but most clubs here are small and don't do as much to promote bigger named DJ's as they should. Maybe that's something I should start doing, ha.

Old 02-05-2010, 09:22 AM

221 posts, read 562,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAtoTX09 View Post
We haven't done much bar hopping downtown but the few times we've been down there we always wind up at Howl at the Moon. It's a blast and always has plenty of cute girls in there

I live on the northside and while the Stone Oak area does have a lot of bars and lounges, they're definitely older and mostly full of married couples like us.

is this a joke? you must be talking about the bars before 10 because after 11am...stone oak becomes a haven for the younger crowd....

however, Stone Oak is becoming overshadowed by a newer bar scene popping up around Lockhill Selma/Blanco/1604 area

Jean, Buddha Rok, Area 31, Ivy

Old 02-05-2010, 09:25 AM

3,770 posts, read 8,295,524 times
Has anyone heard of or been to "Klusoz?" I am reluctantly going there tonite - I hear its $9 beer nite!

Old 02-05-2010, 10:12 AM

1,848 posts, read 4,685,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by perticusrex View Post
Has anyone heard of or been to "Klusoz?" I am reluctantly going there tonite - I hear its $9 beer nite!

Some sort of Martini Bar / Strip Center place is all I have heard.

If they have valet I may just get overcome with the giggles.

Stopped by Buddah Rok a few weeks ago, checked out the place and left. Valet guy stared us down for parking ourselves as we were just checking it out and not sure if we were going to stay...

Have fun though, always nice to dress up and go out for a good time!

Old 02-05-2010, 10:35 AM

1,297 posts, read 3,102,097 times
Klusoz is great. i highly recommend the place. it gives a classy maybe vegas type club vibe on a given night. but sometimes its 25+ when they sort of feel like it? wtf... anywho, stone oak used to be a great place to go to until all of the businesses became *n*l about parking. the tow truck nazis appeared and scared away many from that area. not to say that the area is dead now, but maybe 2 years ago, there would be people walking around everwhere, great times.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio