Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2011, 06:11 AM

4 posts, read 59,751 times

Advertisements

We're on the same boat as you 3kids2dogs, looking at houses online, ones I like don't have a pool , so this is good info. We have 3 kids and enjoy swimming. Have fun house hunting!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2011, 08:14 PM

35 posts, read 218,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odiemama View Post
We're on the same boat as you 3kids2dogs, looking at houses online, ones I like don't have a pool , so this is good info. We have 3 kids and enjoy swimming. Have fun house hunting!

Thanks you too!

Old 08-27-2011, 06:02 PM

3,038 posts, read 4,778,889 times
We bought a new home in Murrieta and put in our own pool and spa. It is a large 42x21 pool with a spill over spa connected to it. We have just about every upgrade to the pool imaginable like waterfall. remote computer control, pebble tek, flagstone, deluxe coping, 3 pumps, etc. We paid $36,000 when everything was at its peak. I would expect that it would be a little cheaper now as the contractors are pretty hungry.

Old 08-30-2011, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnSoCal View Post
We bought a new home in Murrieta and put in our own pool and spa. It is a large 42x21 pool with a spill over spa connected to it. We have just about every upgrade to the pool imaginable like waterfall. remote computer control, pebble tek, flagstone, deluxe coping, 3 pumps, etc. We paid $36,000 when everything was at its peak. I would expect that it would be a little cheaper now as the contractors are pretty hungry.
Thanks for this information! Are you happy with your pool? Do you mind saying who put it in?

Old 08-31-2011, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3kids2dogs View Post
Thanks for this information! Are you happy with your pool? Do you mind saying who put it in?
We are very happy with our pool. They did a great job.

The pool company was "Custom Pools and Masonry" which is a local company. We did a lot of research and looking at pools before selecting them. The service was great and their construction was well above code. The owner was on site almost everyday making sure that everything was OK and he followed up after the pool was finished.

Note: Do NOT confuse them with "Custom Pool And Hardscape Masonry" which is another company with a lot of complaints.

Old 08-31-2011, 02:28 PM

1,013 posts, read 1,422,673 times
Thanks JohnSoCal

Old 08-31-2011, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnSoCal View Post
We are very happy with our pool. They did a great job.

The pool company was "Custom Pools and Masonry" which is a local company. We did a lot of research and looking at pools before selecting them. The service was great and their construction was well above code. The owner was on site almost everyday making sure that everything was OK and he followed up after the pool was finished.

Note: Do NOT confuse them with "Custom Pool And Hardscape Masonry" which is another company with a lot of complaints.
Thanks! This is so helpful!

Old 09-02-2011, 01:37 PM

416 posts, read 637,857 times
to the OP, i don't know your req's for a house other than a pool but $320ish in temecula right now?

unless it's a ranch property on 1/2 or 1 acre and larger, that is high for the current market.

also consider that the vast majority of temecula listings are FC/SS's. if you are looking at traditional sales only, then you might be missing out on some great opportunities.

check the homepath website or look at an auction website. about a mile from my old house, a 2100 sf, 4 bd, 2.5 bath, 3 car house with a pool sold for $199k. you could save your $121k on that $320 house and ????

Old 09-02-2011, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davehalo View Post
to the OP, i don't know your req's for a house other than a pool but $320ish in temecula right now?

unless it's a ranch property on 1/2 or 1 acre and larger, that is high for the current market.

also consider that the vast majority of temecula listings are FC/SS's. if you are looking at traditional sales only, then you might be missing out on some great opportunities.

check the homepath website or look at an auction website. about a mile from my old house, a 2100 sf, 4 bd, 2.5 bath, 3 car house with a pool sold for $199k. you could save your $121k on that $320 house and ????
You are correct. In fact there are very few traditional sales available because of the large number of short sales/foreclosures. A friend of mine is a local Realtor and she is selling a lot of these.

Old 09-02-2011, 09:20 PM

Davehalo and JohnSoCal....I had not really thought of those options, thanks. I'm mainly looking online so I can get an idea of where the good schools are, then looking for housing? I'm not sure when I will get out there to look in person. Hopefully in the next few months. Do you know of a site that has the short sales homes? I'm using the standard realtor site. I'm not sure if I can post the site name? But realtor is the only word!

I grew up in N Cal and lived there as an adult. We moved away (for work) about 9 years. At that time, the housing was so expensive. Gross houses were $500k+. Now moving back to CA (for work), I'm surprised at how inexpensive (in comparison) the homes are now.

Ideally I want:
best schools
super neighborhood
3500+ sq ft
1/2 + acre lot (this seems unavailable? It is what we have now and we love it)
Pool with hot tub
Nice house (granite, nice cabinets etc)
Private yard (I don't think this is out there either!)
$400K or less

Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties