Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2011, 09:53 PM

35 posts, read 218,493 times

Advertisements

Hi! I'm moving to the Riverside, Murrieta or Temecula area. I'm looking at houses, which are much less than I though. I would like to have a pool, but many don't have one. Is there anything about that area I should know about that would make a pool really expensive? (for example, is it really rocky, so it is more expensive to dig the pool?)

I realize pool costs really vary. I'm looking to get a med sized one, in ground. A hot tub would be nice but we don't use the one we have now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2011, 03:27 PM

4 posts, read 59,736 times
I am interested as well. Can anybody help us (:

Old 08-19-2011, 03:52 PM

1,013 posts, read 1,421,546 times
Another inquiring mind. I am in the high desert

Old 08-20-2011, 03:59 PM

4 posts, read 59,736 times
No one?

Old 08-20-2011, 10:33 PM

1,013 posts, read 1,421,546 times
Well, husband mentioned that he went to a Home Show in last spring in Victorville (I think) and he was told a basic in-ground pool would be ~ $20K - if wanting hot tub too, it would be cheaper to get hot tub separate.

Old 08-21-2011, 01:20 AM

3,113 posts, read 8,379,165 times
Someone I know spent $30,000 in 2006 in Riverside, for a salt water pool with jacuzzi. But that was before the economy fell, so it could be more or less now based on whether the pool installation companies are hungry for work, or out of business?

To the original OP, if you really want a pool, it would be easier and definitely less expensive to keep looking until you find a home with a pool. Pools are expensive to install, but rarely add much in equity to a home.

Old 08-21-2011, 06:20 AM

8,091 posts, read 15,433,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bouncethelight View Post
Someone I know spent $30,000 in 2006 in Riverside, for a salt water pool with jacuzzi. But that was before the economy fell, so it could be more or less now based on whether the pool installation companies are hungry for work, or out of business?

To the original OP, if you really want a pool, it would be easier and definitely less expensive to keep looking until you find a home with a pool. Pools are expensive to install, but rarely add much in equity to a home.
And upkeep can get pricey. Have you been to a pool supply and priced chemicals lately? Ouch!

Old 08-21-2011, 12:44 PM

Hi! Thanks for the comments. I have looked at homes with pools. That was my first thought. But I'm also thinking I could get a house for less and then spend the $ to put a pool in and still be on budget or maybe less?

I've seen (online only) houses that have what I want, minus the pool, for $320Kish. So if I spent $30k to $40k, I'm still less than the ones around $380 that I've looked at.

I just want to have all my options when I go to look. I don't want to cross out a great place because it doesn't have the pool.

Chemicals are expensive, we have a pool now. However it is something our whole family enjoys together. Our 3 kids are spread out in age so is not always easy to find things we can all do and everyone is happy. Plus I have control of who we hang out with vs a community pool or over at other's homes.

Thanks for the help and suggestions, I really appreciate it!

Old 08-21-2011, 04:10 PM

3,113 posts, read 8,379,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3kids2dogs View Post
I've seen (online only) houses that have what I want, minus the pool, for $320Kish. So if I spent $30k to $40k, I'm still less than the ones around $380 that I've looked at.
Sounds like the math definitely works!

If you do end up installing a pool, definitely check out salt water systems. So much nicer than traditional chlorine systems!

Old 08-21-2011, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bouncethelight View Post
Sounds like the math definitely works!

If you do end up installing a pool, definitely check out salt water systems. So much nicer than traditional chlorine systems!
Yes, I would rather do salt water! I was planning on converting my current pool but had to do a few other things with the $ instead!

For those also wondering, I emailed Blue Fountain Pools. They just emailed me a computer drawing that looked really nice. It was $30k. He said most pools and spas they are installing are $28-$35K.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties