Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2008, 11:21 PM

7 posts, read 44,560 times

Advertisements

We are looking at all kinds of options of where to live and we were wondering how the community of Canyon Hills is. How are the schools(elementary)? We have been hearing so many negative things about Lake Elsinore but the community seems to be so nice.

Any info would be greatly appreciated
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2008, 01:37 AM

1,655 posts, read 3,397,205 times
I live in Menifee, Canyon Hills is about 10 mins away. It is a nice town nestled in the hills, outside of Canyon Lake, it is somewhat set apart from the city of LE. I believe CH has their own elementary school, but I'm not sure. If your kids have to go to LE school district I would think twice before moving. LE schools are not good. Lots of gangs, drugs,etc, from what I know.

Old 04-08-2008, 11:11 AM

38 posts, read 182,868 times
I've been looking at houses in Canyon Hills and it seems like a nice, safe area. They have a new elementary school and I hear good things about it.
I think LE has a bad reputation because it used to be a remote area full of cheap housing but things are changing and it's becoming nicer than it used to be.
I have seen some questionable element on the west side of the freeway, where the old houses are, but the east side is coming along nicely and their new schools are nice and clean.

Canyon Hills has a nice pool and sports courts, they're also building a new park and a second pool. Every time I go there I see people jogging and walking around with strollers. It seems like a nice community IMO.

PS: We're also looking at homes in Rosetta Canyon, they don't have a community pool but the houses and lots are bigger than Canyon Hills.
Good luck on your search!

Old 06-20-2008, 01:10 PM

4 posts, read 35,636 times
Check out Tuscany Hills on the East side of the 15. Nice clean upscale feeling community and very safe. Has its own school but not sure about its ratings. You can find that info online. Good luck!

Old 06-21-2008, 11:31 PM

365 posts, read 1,418,941 times
Check out the other posts on this exact topic. There are a few others going right now. They may be of help as well

Old 09-12-2008, 12:29 PM

17 posts, read 136,071 times
Here is a website with some information on Canyon Hills:

Canyon Hills | Lake Elsinore

I live here and love it so far!

Old 06-23-2009, 11:08 AM

1 posts, read 15,121 times
I have lived in Canyon Hills for 3 years now and enjoy it very much. There is a new elementary and middle schools and I have children that attend both. There is an issue with the school zoning, some of the homes are actually in the menifee school district and they will not budge so it is a drive to get kids to school. I have never had any issues with the schools or neighborhood just recently with budget cuts and the economy the schools have had to cancel some extra things and the second park that was supposed to be built I believe is just on hold indefinatley. Pools are great and neighborhoods are very friendly and the grocery store is set to open very soon. Hope this info helps.

Old 10-16-2009, 04:35 PM

73 posts, read 305,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ree3mee View Post
I have lived in Canyon Hills for 3 years now and enjoy it very much. There is a new elementary and middle schools and I have children that attend both. There is an issue with the school zoning, some of the homes are actually in the menifee school district and they will not budge so it is a drive to get kids to school.
Oh boy, so they don't even have a bus system?!

Old 10-23-2009, 05:36 AM

23 posts, read 83,001 times
My take on the area (lived there for 4-5 years) is east of the 15 fwy is nice-west of the 15 not

We left Canyon Hills about 3 years ago (sold our 2k sqft house for $455k-try that one today!) so dont know what has happened since, but it was great then....

Old 10-26-2009, 10:46 AM

56 posts, read 272,667 times
I moved here from Orange County and I can tell you Lake Elsinore is a neverending nightmare. I live in a Lake Elsinore Development called Alberhill Ranch where the taxes are higher than those in the O.C. and the special Alberhill Ranch tax is double the county taxes, break-ins are rampant when I called the Police Dept. inquiring about the number of break-ins in the city, they told me that they do not give out that information (they said "If people want you to know they have been robbed then they will tell you"), drugs could still be a problem - in Alberhill Ranch the park looks like it has drug activity as do some homes here (people coming and going in a matter of minutes), It's hotter than H_ll out here and if you like the hot weather - you to will eventually say 'DOESN'T IT EVER GET COOL", if you enjoy going out to nice dinners, you can't do it in Lake Elsinroe, the resaturants are mediocre at BEST. To get good food you have to travel to the O.C. or San Diego. Ants are a problem in Lake Elsinore, and they are even more of a problem this year at least this is what they say at Home Depot, where many folks are purchasing ant spray. Water is expensive in Lake Elsinore and you will also have to pay higher insurance rates, we are in a FIRE Zone..... Personally, I wouldnt' have moved here had I known all this, and there are so many more reasons not to move to Lake Elsinore, but I will save them for another day.

Last edited by Alberhill Ranch Resident; 10-26-2009 at 10:52 AM.. Reason: miss spelled words
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties