Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2013, 06:38 PM

1,626 posts, read 4,014,679 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by markspe34 View Post
So my choice is either 19 year old kids with fake ID's doing funnel's and shotgunning beer at a Claremont college bar or ghetto riff raff at a local applebees in Rancho Cucamunga....decisions decisions...
Pretty much but you can avoid the riff raff by sticking to the bigger chain type places like BJ's, Yard House or restaurants that have a decent bar. The problem is those places are going to feel pretty lame compared to NYC bars. If you just want to chill out and have a few drinks, and maybe some food, they fit the bill. The best way to think about the inland empire is that it's like the distant suburbs of LA. Good bars and restaurants are pretty hard to find way out in the suburbs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2013, 04:54 AM

26,731 posts, read 26,812,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumpersignal View Post
Claremont isn't big on partying though. The 4 colleges there are very prestigious and considered part of the "West Coast Ivy League" so they're serious business.
That's for sure. Claremont can be a very sleepy town when you consider how many college students live there. And they do take their education very seriously. One is not going to find a lot of 19 yr olds doing funnels at the local bar there...

Old 01-24-2013, 06:11 AM

34 posts, read 88,995 times
Welcome to the IE, blue collar suburbia communterville. You can't make it what it is not. Live in Redlands or Loma Linda dude and prepare for small town life. Hit up LA or OC, SD on the weekends. Good luck keeping that young wife from NY happy...lol

Old 01-24-2013, 03:25 PM

121 posts, read 290,094 times
To put it in perspective with something you may be familiar with, IE reminds me a lot of Secaucus NJ minus the stadium. If you think you'd be ok living in a town similar to Secaucus then you might be ok with living in R.C., Redlands, Loma Linda or Claremont.

Old 01-24-2013, 03:40 PM

7 posts, read 15,769 times
Seriously? Secaucus is DISGUSTING. That sounds awful. Not feeling good about this move right now. Optimism anyone?

Old 01-24-2013, 03:45 PM

121 posts, read 290,094 times
Quote:
Seriously? Secaucus is DISGUSTING. That sounds awful. Not feeling good about this move right now. Optimism anyone?
Dang, then you are not going to be happy but at least you now have some realistic expectation. Secaucus is nice compared to Newark. Now THERE is a craphole. Anyway, shouldn't you come down to visit the area before making such an important commitment?

Old 01-24-2013, 08:31 PM

13,827 posts, read 29,939,634 times
Quote:
I've never been to Secaucus, but I'm kinda picturing the opening to The Sopranos. That might be like a small section along I-10 through Fontana, but the rest of the IE is not like that at all.

Old 01-24-2013, 09:03 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,945,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Aguilar View Post
That might be like a small section along I-10 through Fontana
Hey!

Old 01-24-2013, 09:28 PM

13,827 posts, read 29,939,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fontucky View Post
Hey!

Old 01-26-2013, 10:59 PM

7 posts, read 15,769 times
Just by looking at pictures and video, I can tell it is nothing like Seacaucus. Seacaucus is basically a rural, desolate, disgusting swamp land. If you're telling me the IE is all like that, then there is no help for me. There's got to be something at least somewhat enjoyable out there. All i've got from this thread is "Claremont". Come on people!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties