Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-06-2007, 02:38 PM

15 posts, read 68,736 times

Advertisements

Hi, I am looking to move to Yucca, as it is cheap and I love heat and horses.
I want a nice place to hit the trails.
I wanted to hear the pro's and con's of this area.
Does anyone know if more development is underway?, I am afraid of this as a horse person-thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2007, 03:42 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,328,605 times
A married couple, friends of my parents, lived near Twenty-Nine Palms from 1948 until the 1980s.
They said it did grow quite a bit (in town). It's probably still being developed (slowly, hopefully).
But, it is hot in the summer and cool in the winter because it's so far inland.

I went out there with my family in the late-'60s or early-'70s. It was kind of fun with all of that open space to explore.

I can't really give pros and cons because I haven't been out there for a long time and when I was out there I was only about 10 or 12 years old.

Old 07-06-2007, 06:12 PM

15 posts, read 68,736 times
Talking Thanks

Thanks Fleet, any info helps!

Old 11-08-2011, 05:31 PM

10 posts, read 15,555 times
yucca is suffering with this economy probably worse than most, it is a blue collar community with no work, the jobs if you can get one are down the hill to the low desert or the marine base in 29 palms. the home prices are cheep (lots of forclosures), its rural with room for horses, there are lots of homes on acrage with nice views and peace and quiet, there is kid sports, parades ,adult soft ball, saterday night conserts in the park in the summer, 1hr to big bear, 45 min to palm springs, 2 hrs to the beach

bob

Old 11-09-2011, 09:38 AM

1,176 posts, read 3,182,483 times
Where's your job, if any? Have you lived in a smaller community? In the desert? My late father had a friend who lived in Yucca Valley for years and loved it, but that was a long time ago and he was retired. Do you have a horse or want someplace with stables you can utilize for rides? What other areas are you considering? I've driven through the town twice, while visiting Joshua Tree, and while it was a bit dry and hot and isolated for me in terms of wanting to live there, there are people living in towns even further out in the desert (and at lower elevations). At about 3,000' (?) elevation, I imagine YV gets rather cold on winter nights. Have you visited and talked with people there?

Old 10-30-2015, 08:38 AM

1 posts, read 2,225 times
After a lot of research I purchased a home in Yucca Valley I think its wings last places that you can afford property that has actually land on it with the relatively low crime rate compared to other Southern California cities world class medical facilities are only 35 to 40 minutes away beaches are an hour and 45 minutes or less depending on which beach the mountains are only an hour away for camping ski resorts as well I think it's a great place to live I think its a good investment I've lived in areas such as Palos Verdes and Beverly Hills growing up and I really miss not having land around you cold is a relative term compared to the east coast it's warm the climate is very manageable

Old 11-01-2015, 09:53 AM

226 posts, read 382,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecalifornia1 View Post
After a lot of research I purchased a home in Yucca Valley I think its wings last places that you can afford property that has actually land on it with the relatively low crime rate compared to other Southern California cities world class medical facilities are only 35 to 40 minutes away beaches are an hour and 45 minutes or less depending on which beach the mountains are only an hour away for camping ski resorts as well I think it's a great place to live I think its a good investment I've lived in areas such as Palos Verdes and Beverly Hills growing up and I really miss not having land around you cold is a relative term compared to the east coast it's warm the climate is very manageable
Good to hear this. Do you have any advice on renting apartments and/or buying in that area (based on your extensive research)? What are property taxes (and other fees) like? Are there areas to out-right avoid?

I'm from Chicago and have never lived on the west coast, but I recently visited the Palm Springs and Pioneertown area for the second time and have completely fallen in love with the desert. The company I work for sometimes allows employees to work from home and live out of state, so I'm considering renting an apartment or house for a one-year lease out in Yucca Valley to see how I like it. I've also seen a ton of very cheap tiny houses (almost shack-like structures) that are out in Joshua Tree for cheap (in contrast to Chicago real estate, which will forever be cost-prohibitive for me).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties