Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2016, 10:13 PM

1,962 posts, read 4,485,458 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by theoaks View Post
I am in the tri state area, AZ, NV, CA, way up to the northeast of you, within 100 miles of the strip, in the high desert. I have lived in Palm Springs and spent a lot of time all over riverside County and the Joshua tree area. I see no reason to defend myself as geographic definitions differ among different individuals.
Translation: I started this but realize I am wrong and don't want to admit it so I'll just fall into the fiction of alternate realities.

Nice try.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2016, 10:30 PM

285 posts, read 377,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsltd View Post
Translation: I started this but realize I am wrong and don't want to admit it so I'll just fall into the fiction of alternate realities.

Nice try.

Huh? All opinions are welcome on city data. My definition of the inland empire goes all the way to the CA state line, corresponding with the Census Metropolitan Statistical Area for LA - Eventually, it will all be developed, in 50 years, whenever the climate is wetter, or whatever comes first.........:-)

Old 05-08-2016, 10:32 PM

581 posts, read 921,144 times
Quote:

Nice try.
As raj suggested put her on ignor like the rest of us. She comes back with a different story for every post. Not worth the aggravation.

Old 05-09-2016, 07:18 AM

2,003 posts, read 2,881,406 times
Quote:

Nice try.
I love you

Old 05-09-2016, 10:13 AM

25 posts, read 24,477 times
Quote:
Yes it is, the inland empire covers all of San Bernardino and riverside, imperial counties, Inyo, and Kern counties, and there are dozens of climates depending on elevation, proximity to the ocean, mountains, rain shadow effects, etc.

What area of the IE are u moving 2
Quote:
Uh, no. IE is San Bernardino and Riverside County areas that are contiguous to the rest of the greater LA metropolitan area. Certainly not Kern, Imperial and Inyo Counties. The term "Inland Empire" only works if you have something FROM which to be "inland".

By the way, you fell into texting mode in your last sentence. Not the best display for a discussion forum.

To the OP: What cities did you have specifically in mind?

Well, my family and i were really looking to relocate in temecula/ murrieta area. we have friends in riverside but they just recently moved there and didnt really tell us about the weather there.

Old 05-09-2016, 01:50 PM

581 posts, read 921,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabon View Post
Well, my family and i were really looking to relocate in temecula/ murrieta area. we have friends in riverside but they just recently moved there and didnt really tell us about the weather there.
Really the best place to get weather data is from The Weather Channel. There you can get daily, weekly and average year round weather averages for any specific city.

Old 05-09-2016, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabon View Post
Temecula/Murrieta weather, compared to much else in the nation, is nearly ideal.

It DOES get hot in the summer. It can get over 100 degrees, but that is true of much of California except for right along the coast. But that is not every day; more typically it will be in the high 80's through the mid 90's.

There is a time lag here for heat on the Pacific coast; our warm weather takes a while to rev up but can last until mid-October (this is due to the cold California current) with the high point being mid-August through mid-September.

Winter is very mild, especially compared to Illinois. The Temecula/Murrieta area has seen a few falls of snow over the past decade, but nothing lasting very long; it doesn't stick. Nor does it happen every year. Our only heavy falls of snow here in Southern California are in the mountains above 4000' (sometimes lower) and in the high deserts north of Los Angeles.

We DO have an autumn, contrary to what Eastern-reared transplants (sorry) or media-brainwashed consumers would say, but it just takes a LOT longer for the leaves than, say, in New England on those deciduous trees to color and disappear completely. November and sometimes into December are our periods for any real color, except in the mountains. The trees are usually bare only in January and February.

This means we also have a spring, usually starting to be expressed a few weeks before the equinox.

This can differ between and coast and inland valleys as well; frost is far more common in the inland valleys than on the coastal plain. Temecula/Murrieta are in an inland valley; not as far from the ocean as the high desert but frost can be an issue in December and January so if you're a plant grower keep that in mind. It's not so much that it's a common occurrence but because the weather is usually very agreeable in this region people can be lulled into thinking this is the tropics, and nothing ever changes. When things do happen, such as occasional cold snaps that drop temps below freezing, then some of those same people are taken by surprise, being sold on a state that is supposed to have "perfect" weather. Well, we're still in the Temperate Zone.

Old 05-09-2016, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Huh? All opinions are welcome on city data. My definition of the inland empire goes all the way to the CA state line, corresponding with the Census Metropolitan Statistical Area for LA - Eventually, it will all be developed, in 50 years, whenever the climate is wetter, or whatever comes first.........:-)
Oaks, you are confusing allowance of opinion with agreement of same. Of course your opinion is welcome, but know that others will challenge it if they think it does not coincide with reality.

At least you say "my" definition so we're not left in doubt on the source.

I don't think much of the vast stretches of the Mojave desert will be developed, considering that much of it is protected land.

Old 05-09-2016, 10:42 PM

21 posts, read 57,558 times
Temecula Valley tends to get more marine influence than other parts since its closer to the ocean. The heavy morning fog there really keeps the natural vegetation growing longer than other areas and you will notice the hills tend to stay greener. Otherwise it isn't that much different from most of the Inland Empire which is hot dry summers, cool semi-wet winters and low humidity most of the time. And from time to time, there is strong winds (the Santa Ana winds). They also experience May Gray/June Gloom. Often times when it rains, the area gets flash flood warnings. It's generally nothing devastating, the floods aren't like what you see in the East coast, but they can still be dangerous if you're caught in the road.

Old 05-09-2016, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mushrooms View Post
Temecula Valley tends to get more marine influence than other parts since its closer to the ocean. The heavy morning fog there really keeps the natural vegetation growing longer than other areas and you will notice the hills tend to stay greener. Otherwise it isn't that much different from most of the Inland Empire which is hot dry summers, cool semi-wet winters and low humidity most of the time. And from time to time, there is strong winds (the Santa Ana winds). They also experience May Gray/June Gloom. Often times when it rains, the area gets flash flood warnings. It's generally nothing devastating, the floods aren't like what you see in the East coast, but they can still be dangerous if you're caught in the road.
All hail May Gray/June Gloom! Love it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties