Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-05-2006, 04:16 AM

72 posts, read 434,427 times

Advertisements

Will they ever have a direct path from Inland Empire (specifically Temecula, Lake Elsinore area) to Orange County? The closest thing we have is the Ortega Highway, but that is awfully dangerous with its twists, turns, and aggressive motorcyclists.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2007, 12:39 PM

279 posts, read 1,139,490 times
They (whoever THEY is) told us when we bought in Wildomar that the PTB "Powers That Be" are looking into creating a tunnel (think NY) to get from where we are in the IE to the OC. With that said, we have also heard that the "PTB" are also looking into funding for the Metro Rail to connect from Main Corona to San Diego or have a rail from SD to link somehow to IE. To be honest with Ortega now closed/limited access for 3 years who knows what they are doing-- but you would think with all that wide open space and all the money we pay in taxes, they would impliment something...

What gets me-is the Toll Road and Carpool lane.. If you have a Toll Road pass- you would think it would supercede the carpool rules, thus allowing people with toll pass that even if it is only 1 person in the car to continue in the carpool lane.... it causes more bottle necking at rush hour for Toll roads peeps to have to try and get out of the lane because now its become a carpool lane and you need 2 or more people to be in it.... SUX!

Old 03-30-2007, 09:26 AM

1,703 posts, read 6,469,153 times
Trust me, the Toll Lanes on the 91 Freeway are bringing incredibly profit to the Orange County Transportation Authority, OCTA. Don't be fooled, the OCTA bought out FasTrak, the toll lane company in 2003. There was a ruling just a few years ago that ALL the money OCTA received on the 91, would only be money for future freeway and street projects. Yeah, it's miserable, but in a few years in will help all extend freeways and interchanges in both Riverside and Orange Counties. If the OCTA had not bought out FasTrak, then the money would never have been allocated to future freeway projects. Not to mention, there was a previous clause when FasTrak had ownership of the 91 Toll Lanes, of no freeway relief construction on the 91. But, this all changed when OCTA bought the freeway, they can begin to construct on the 91 freeway, and this is what there doing. I wanted to clear this up for people to clearly understand the situation. I'm sorry for people on the 91, but in the long run it will help both the people of Orange and Riverside Counties.

Old 04-18-2007, 03:58 PM

279 posts, read 1,139,490 times
I saw the rates jump to $9.00 from the 3:00pm mark going I think its East bound.... but for the most part- my daily commute is around $6.00 round trip-- The 22 freeway doesnt have a Toll, but the commuter lane is kinda nifty it has broken lines the whole way so you can pop in and out as needed--- cuz you know you get those feaking SUNDAY drivers during rush hour commute...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County