Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2008, 09:05 PM

4 posts, read 14,210 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Boys View Post
We bought our place and closed about a week ago. We were down there last weekend and I know we got a great price on this place. Somebody had clearly intended to "flip this house" and make all kinds of money and they got caught up when the market crashed. Most of the house has been renovated and much of the rest of the materials to complete the renovation were left behind (thank you whomever you are!).

My boyfriend (actually husband now) is down there managing the completion of the renovation. The house is actually in better shape that I ever imagined (I had anticipated all kinds of unpleasant "surprises).

We got a great price and a great interest rate in a great neighborhood.

Now I just have to get a job down there (this might be difficult with the current economy).

YAY! Good for you guys! I've been following your quest because I have an interest in Palm Springs as well. Where did you buy? What kind of place? How much? Too many questions?? My boyfriend and I are coming for Pride Weekend/Halloween. See you there?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2008, 12:11 AM

74 posts, read 262,021 times
Cool Palm Springs

We bought in the Sunrise Park neighborhood. It is a Meiselmann house (built in 1961). There is a guest house that is now rented and they are paying 2/3 of the mortgage, and we still have the main house for us.

I had no idea when we bought it, but this home apparently belonged to Gloria Swanson (Sunset Strip) and Elizabeth Taylor and Eva Gabor have both stayed there (and swam in our swimming pool!!!!!!). The neighborhood went downhill for awhile, but the Mid Century homes came back in style about 5 years ago, and most of the neighborhood is now fabulous again.

I am still working and living in San Francisco, and my husband is down there managing the renovations and the construction work. I am looking for a job down there, but I think everybody knows that the job market is not fantastic right now, and I may have to wait out this crazy financial mess that we have all got ourselves in.

I will be down there the first week of the new year so you may contact me if you would like.

Old 09-07-2009, 11:58 AM

2,003 posts, read 2,889,571 times
I'm dredging up this thread and pushing it back up the list to see if (a) any of the original participants are still participating here, and (b) how they're all doing nearly a year later. Did everyone live happily ever after?

Old 09-07-2009, 06:05 PM

74 posts, read 262,021 times
We are still here. We are pleased with our relocation from San Francisco to this area. The heat of Summer is over (but you know that is the time when we can most enjoy the pool (the pool temperature was 90 degrees today!).

It is a difficult adjustment from the City, but it is not a bad move at all. You are currently in Sacramento? I grew up there.

Old 09-08-2009, 11:32 AM

2,003 posts, read 2,889,571 times
Yep, been in Sacramento the last two years. It's about as exciting as a loaf of Wonder Bread - although unlike Sacramento, at least Wonder Bread builds strong bodies 12 ways!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties